1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Joel Etchen?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tuscarora 99, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Hi i was wondering if joel etchen did adjustable combs and butt plates? I mean does he install them on guns? And also who would you say is the best person to do adjustable combs and butt plates in the maryland pensylvania virginia area?

2. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Yes, Joel Etchin has a gun smith at his shop. I purchased a combo set from them last summer that had the comb installed by them and the gentlemen does a fabulous job. I know there are as good smiths that do it but I will guaranty none better. Give them a call. I am sure they would be glad to help you out. A first class operation to say the least.

3. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Thankyou i just want an adjustable butt plate and comb put on my bt-99 and maybe some weight put in the fornt of the gun. I thought that they were very reputable but just wanted to verify. Thankyou again.

4. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

HANDS DOWN...BEST THERE IS..ASK FOR MARK..HE IS GREAT WITH WOOD!..LB

5. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

I agree Mark is a great guy and will do a super job!!!

6. Southpaw Sam

Southpaw Sam Member

I will also highly recommend the work of their gunsmith, Mark, who is a fellow trap shooter. I had an adjustable comb installed on my Citori XT, last fall and absolutely first class work.

7. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I too will HIGHLY recommend Mark's work! Good work and a good man to deal with. You won't be disappointed.

John C. Saubak

8. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

I have another question. I own an old browning superposed lightning. They forearm iron broke on it and i was wondering if etchen could fix that also?

9. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Give them a call and ask Mark. Mark is the only one who can answer that.

10. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

If you are going to be at any large trap shoot (like the Southern Grand), the Country Gentleman (Todd Nelson) does outstanding work on cutting combs and in my opinion, has the best adjustable recoil pad on the market. Over night service and will fit the gun to you.

11. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Another good word for Mark, he's done all of my stock work and I'd use no one else.

12. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

+1 for Joel Etchen's Mark did a great job on my 687.

13. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Dick Egolf- Are you using the word fair to mean honest or that the business is only fair as opposed to being excellent?

14. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

Bought a 680's series stock and forend from Joel about a year ago or so on Ebay. Called them after winning item, asked about having the comb being made adjustable. Said yes, and put me on phone with Mark. He did an excellent job on comb. You won't be disappointed. Also bought a DT10 from them at the 2007 Grand. Got a great deal on a slightly used one. They are very nice people to deal with.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.