1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Joel Etchen Guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hehawboy, Feb 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hehawboy

hehawboy TS Member

Has anyone had dealing with joel etchen guns .He seams like a good guy to do business with,And how are his guns that are made by beretta any pro's or con's Thanks MIke
  2. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

Joel Etchens is top notch. My dad has bought several from him and yes you can haggle a little on price. I asked a simple question about Jaquas about dealing with them and while they're great you dont get to haggle. People responded awfully badly about my question about dealing with Jaquas. You'd thought I slept with their wife,daughter,kicked their dog and shot their cat, then wrapped their favorite gun around a oak tree. When I deal I like to form some kinda relationship with sales people and I usually go back to them. I did however purchase a 325 sporting from Jaquas last week. Either one is good to do business with. sorry for the long post too. Keith
  3. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I have a 687 trap unsingle combo and it is very comfortable to shot for me. I met the Joel Etchens crew at Eleysburg and Matt was great answered all my questions, and was very polite to deal with.

Jerry Lewis
  4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Joel Etchen = A1. Bought my KS-5 Special, several years back, via phone calls and the gun came appearing brand new. He had rated it 99%. I called him to kid him since he could have easily passed it off as "new." He responded, "It's been fired - that's no better than 99%."
  5. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

+1 on the favorable comments on Joel Etchen Guns. I bought a Beretta Silver Pigeon II (687/682) hybrid unsingle combo trap gun from JEG a couple of years ago at the Grand, and it has been a great trap gun. Was a super buy in my opinion. These guns are made by Beretta to Joels specs and are fully the standard Beretta quality, perhaps a bit better even than the straight 682 Gold and a better price. Super good guys to deal with. Very knowledgeable staff and a real pleasure to work with. Don't think you could go wrong with JEG.

Jim R
  6. Kemper

Kemper Member

Great guy
  7. jmcjr

jmcjr TS Member

I bought the 687 combo about a month ago, they are great people to deal with.
  8. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Good people to deal with!

John C. Saubak
  9. goose2

goose2 Active Member

Joel etchen guns is as good as it gets. I have purchased a kolar Max t/a combo and a 687 combo from them both went without a hitch. If I were looking for something they were selling they would be one of the first places I would go to.
  10. hehawboy

hehawboy TS Member

Thanks for the info guys!!! Looks like my Wife's valentine is one hold until next year. This year looks like a new 687 eell is in the works !! What a SHAME!!!!
  11. deercreek

deercreek Active Member

My wife bought a Beretta 390 Target from him in about 1998 at Vandalia. Seemed like great people to deal with.
  12. Ron(Oh)

Ron(Oh) TS Member

I drove from the Dayton area to buy my 687.
    Great guy to do business with and very much a Gentleman. He's not open Saturdays except upon request, told him what time I'd be there and he was there, opened the shop to sell me a gun.
    Would never hesitate if I was in the market again.....Ron
  13. sanremo

sanremo Member

My experience is his prices are the same as most quailty dealers. he's matter of fact to deal with. I purchased 3 Beretta's from him, none of which I would consider any super deal!!!!!! I wanted the item, he had it, you pay his price or you move along. All in all I'd say he's a lil above the average dealer. You must speak to Joel him self if you want any kind of deal. his son cant make real deals!
  14. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

I've bought three guns from Joel in the last 15 years. Great to do business with.
  15. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Best in the business.....says what he means...means what he says.....nuff said!!!
  16. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I got 3 Beretta's for Joel Etchen Guns. He is a #1 dealer and you can trust him.
    Just tell him what you want and will get it.
  17. RAScott

RAScott TS Member

Bought 1 687 combo he picked the wood and it is great, i traded a 682 in on a kolar combo gave me a fair trade and i would Highly recomend him. Knows what he is talking about.

Bob S
  18. 5141

5141 Member

I can tell you that he is a First Class Guy, word is good as, or better than gold....Chip off the old block...... and he shoots your game pretty stout as well...does not travel much but.... the CAPTAIN, I believe, of your Pennsylvania STATE Team,no small chore, you guys got a lot of top shooters in the Keystone State.
    He is considered TOP notch by his neighbors and friends...I am proud to be able to call him a Friend.
  19. little gambler

little gambler Member

+1 for Matt at Etchen, ordered a new gun on tue afternoon, was at my door on west coast on friday morning. Sent the one my girl picked out.......how easy is this? l.g.
  20. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

Bought my Browning XT from him. Good prices, good service. Can't get much better than that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
anyone shoot the joel etchen all around gun
joel etchen

joel etchen guns

joel etchen guns reviews