1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Joel Etchen, Beretta 687 Combo set

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kraiza, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I had shot a Joel Etchen Beretta Combo set at my club. A guy had one and let me try it out. Nice gun. Felt good and shot real good. The balance was just right for me. I been looking to get a Trap combo set but didn't know what one to buy. I looked at a few, but what stop me from buying one was the shop or sale person.
    I had call Joel Etchen shop. The person was nice and the guy at my club said he was inpressed with how he was treated.
    So I took a ride out to the Etchen shop. 6 hour drive. I ask to see a combo set and what else they my have. The sale person was Matt and he was just a Pro. Very nice guy to deal with.
    To make a long story short I came home with a 687 Joel Etchen combo set, in 32"/34" ajustable comb in EELL wood. What a nice looking gun. It was worth the trip.

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Any body have one? How do you like it.

3. zinger

zinger Member

My nephew drove down from MI last summer and bought one from Joel and I got the chance to shoot it. I have to say I was impressed at how well balanced the gun was and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone nicer than Joel.

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I have the 687 JE combo in 34/32, and really like it. I did put a PFS on it, and once I got it set and learned to leave the adjustments alone, it is a far better shooter than I am. I think bang for the buck, you can't beat one of JE's combo's. I am hoping to score a unsingle barrel for it next year if they become available.

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

I have dealt with Joel before and he and everyone at his business are great folks to deal with. It is a 4 1/2hour drive for me but I would rather do that and deal with them than some of the closer folks.
    --- Chip King ---

6. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

I'm only 20/30 min. from Joel's shop,Bought a 687 unsingle combo from him last July/Aug. sometime. Still learning how to shoot it and also Joel's stock mechanic (Mark) does fine work and a great guy once you get past his billy-goat gruff manerisms...Mike

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I got # 715 EELL 32/34/ All I have to say it is a wonderfull gun to shoot. I went to the club tonight. Did a POI on the O/U barrel, Then set the unsingle and went to the range. Frist time out unsingle 24 then went to the double 23. Need to do one more POI and I will have it set.
    I will have photo's by the end of the week end. Yes it would be nice to see all the EELL guns.

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I guess eveybody has a diffance POI. I had to raise my comb 1/4". Then raise the unsingle rib almost all the way up. You can see how eveybody holds there gun diffance and have diffance body shapes. Yet from the side line it all looks the same. Again the Beretta is a nice shooting gun. I like it.

9. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

is the trigger on your 687 selectable or non-selectable ???????????????? the reason I am asking this is," If you have a 3 barrel set UNsingle Top single and OU how would you get the top single to fire top first ???

10. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Yes I have a selectable trigger. It is the safty switch. You just move the select button over to the #2 dots. That will shoot the top barrel and the #1 dot will do the bottom barrel. I also got the ajustable trigger shoe. I have to get it install.

11. aviator

aviator TS Member

I'm very interested in a 687 unsingle combo but want to shoot one before buying. Anybody in the Rochester, NY area have one that they would be willing to let me try? I spoke with Matt at Etchen by email and all he said was that they "may" have one at the PA state shoot for people to try.

12. Bitter American

Bitter American TS Member

Just bought one 8 weeks ago great gun. Just the wood is worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 687 combo

beretta 687 joel etchen
beretta combo gun sets
buy 686 joel etchen beretta shotguns
how to make joel etchen 897 double barrel shoot the same poi
joel etchen beretta 687 combo
joel etchen beretta for sale
what is the cost beretta 687 combo joel etchen