1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Pa Fired!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Well, it's official......Joe Paterno is now fired.

2. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

It's sad it had to end this way for him.

Vern

3. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Good one for Penn State! There really was no other choice!

Oscar

4. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Losing his job in disgrace is the least of his problems....there will be criminal charges brought against him.....count on it!

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Good. Hopefully they'll send him to prison too.

Read the Grand Jury report and fully appreciate what he knowingly allowed to go on.

-Gary

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Federal Government (Department of Education) announced they will be investigating.

7. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Guess they'll have to change the name of the Big 10 Conference Champion trophy now from Amos Stagg/ Joe Paterno to something else. The Stagg family does not want to be associated with his name anymore.

Doug

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I believe this is a long way from being over. He may spend his last days in a federal pen.

9. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

If he is guilty of covering up a crime such as that, he deserves time in the big house. BUT how many other coaches and athletic personnel have covered up gosh knows how many crimes to protect the criminals that play college sports. Then of course grow up to be professional thugs in the NBA,NFL etc..Makes for great role models for young kids and they're parents trying to raise responsible young adults.

10. hoot619

hoot619 Member

The only good thing I really see in this is that it will stop it from taking

place in the future. People are going to think twice of what to do it if should

happen in their presence. You help cover it up you are also quilty and will

be called on it. Report it, do the right thing and protect our kids. Ken U

11. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I fear it all means very little as far as pedophiles go. Too bad the anger is not directed mostly at the guy who did the crime. Paterno may have thought it was on the way to being over when he reported it, but he is NOT the perp in this deal anyway. You would think he was the one by everyone wanting his head rather than the guilty party.

12. unplugged

unplugged Active Member

While I have NO problem with Paterno being fired! WHY IN THE H@*^ can the Penn State Board NOT FIRE MIKE McQuery the guy that saw Sandusky raping a TEN year old and WALKED AWAY and called his DAD! That guy should be in JAIL! For not trying to stop the rape! AND HE IS STILL A Penn State COACH!!

Come on Penn State! Finish the job!

13. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

GW22 where can I find a copy of the grand jury report?

Thank, Robert

14. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

What UNPLUGGUD said!

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Robert: Hit the link.

-Gary

16. kenpo11cincy

kenpo11cincy TS Member

I am glad they fired him today. I think it everyone should ask this question, if you witnessed an adult sexually abusing a child humm.......what should I do tell the university..... HELL No its crime and it should be reported to the police ASAP. The assistant coach who reported it to JOE PA should be canned as well for a serious lack of judge. Report it to the university BULLSHIT he was clearly thinking of his own career at Penn State. I hope the victims get justice and go after everyone that covered this abuse up. The Civil suit will be massive and the victims deserve every penny.

17. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

And of course the compensation will not come from the guilty party it will come from the University who has "deep pocket syndrome".

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Careful, guys -- several TS.comers have basically expressed that they are perfectly OK with concealing years of child rape as long as your football program is good. JoePa is GOD. Besides, those little kids probably wanted it anyway.

-Gary

19. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

This may be the least of Joe's worries. I heard he was diagnosed with cancer, lungs I think! The State won't press charges if he is undergoing any kind of treatment! Because of his age and health condition he'll never see the inside of a jail cell! JMO

20. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Karma?

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.