1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Goldberg just refinished 2 gun stocks and..

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by johnjjk, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnjjk

johnjjk Member

Joe Goldberg just refinished 2 stocks, a rifle and a Beretta 391.

I was very happy when I got them back. They were beautiful. Had him stain them with a mahogany (darker brown/reddish) color with a high gloss finish.

This guy does wonderful work so I thought I give him a "shout out".

John
    New Jersey

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'm amazed you actually got them back without having to threaten bodily harm. Consider yourself fortunate.

That wood hacker is not well received on this site. He put the screws to one to many posters here.

Is he still taking credit for the stock shape that Harlan Campbell is using? LOL.

ss

3. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Joe did wood work on my TM1 and my 682X. While I was happy with the work getting my guns back together was a bit of an adventure.

Rich in Indiana

4. johnjjk

johnjjk Member

Don't know how I got 3 posts for the price of 1. Sorry

Regarding his turn around time, I stayed in touch with him and I had no problem getting the work done. It took maybe 4 weeks total wait time, so that was not too bad.

As far as Joe Goldberg being "popular" on this site, I can't comment on this. I have read some very positive posts on this site about his work.

I found out about him from another trap shooter when I commented on how well his gun looked. He just gotten it back from Joe Goldberg. It was a beautiful job.

What ever the comments, this guy did a fantastic job on my guns.

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

short shucker, I have one of Joe's stocks - made for my DT-10 (I am left handed). Pictures below - sorry for the poor quality.

Not sure how you get off being unhappy. My stock is exceptional - gets compliments all the time. Joe made it in a timely manner and kept me informed throughout - it was custom work so one would not expect in back in two weeks - it did take time.

Again I was fortunate in that he also has a DT-10 so was able to use his action to inlet for my receiver. This allowed me to continue shooting while the majority of the work was being done.

We met twice for 'fittings' during the process - make sense if you want the gun to fit right...

Down the road, when a crack developed (the wood is burl and this is common - I knew it going in) he asked for my receiver to be certain the repair was 100% correct for the gun. He could have charged for this, but did not.

It has remained bullet proof since.

Yes, I am very happy with his work to the point I have had him 'clean up' some old stocks, etc. I feel that every time I have gotten my monies worth or more.

Sorry for your sour grapes.

David D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

There are several people on this site who must live such a horrible life they tear down anyone who dares to try and compliment others. I so some stock work and the pics show a beautiful stock, well done to me, congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
joe goldberg stock refinisher nj

joe goldberg gun stocks

joe goldberg gunstocks
joe goldberg shotgun