1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe for Oil?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Should people take it?

I keep seeing these commercials on TV.

Should Americans take the Oil Give-a-way??? Is it a dog and pony show?

BRAINTREE - As its MS Simon tanker arrived in port, Citgo Petroleum Corp. kicked off the third year of its controversial heating oil program Monday, with Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez looming over the proceedings.

In collaboration with Joe Kennedy’s Citizens Energy Corp., Venezuelan-controlled Citgo will provide 120 million gallons of heating oil to more than 235,000 poor American households in 23 states this winter, Citgo President Alejandro Granado promised at a midday press conference. That will cost Citgo more than $100 million.

Nationwide, about 8.1 million American households use about 5.1 billion gallons of heating oil each year, according to the most recent Department of Energy figures. Most of those homes are in the Northeast.

Kennedy, chairman of Citizens Energy, said every other major oil company in the U.S. and every other OPEC country rebuffed Citizens Energy.

"The only country and the only company that responded ... was the Venezuelans,’’ he said.

Given Chavez’s fierce anti-American rhetoric, the Citgo program is viewed by some as a public relations stunt.

Kennedy did not shy away from the controversial connection Monday.

"I think our government gets, you know, their little panties in a knot much more than most Americans do about Hugo Chavez,’’ he told reporters afterward, saying it was possible to get along with the leader of the modern "Bolivarian revolution.’’

2. grammie

grammie TS Member

Its not a public relations stunt,,,its much more than that,,,,Its a "proganda stunt",,,it would be "priceless" in terms of showing power in their area of operation....

AKA Grammie.........

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Joe Kennedy is a commie pinko punk who would side with any tinhorn against his own country. I don't buy Citgo gas and I always ask what kind of oil I am getting with an oil change. When Midas told me "Citgo", I picked up my keys and left.

4. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

birdogs,

You buy Chavez's oil no matter which name is on the pump or bottle it comes out of. You can't escape that unless you own your own wells and refine your own crude. The only thing that happens when you pass by Citgo stations is that the Americans who work there go home a little earlier with fewer dollars in their paycheck.

Morgan

5. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**Joe Kennedy is a commie pinko punk**

Uhhh, birdogs...Joe Kennedy has been dead for 60+ years...just in case you mised the news.

6. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**You buy Chavez's oil no matter which name is on the pump or bottle it comes out of. You can't escape that unless you own your own wells and refine your own crude. The only thing that happens when you pass by Citgo stations is that the Americans who work there go home a little earlier with fewer dollars in their paycheck.

Morgan**

Yep. that's the truth.

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

smokerz Joe Kennedy is very much alive and is the CEO of Citizens Energy Corp. However his Grandfather Joseph Kennedy has been dead for quite a few years. His uncle Joe Kennedy died during WWII. Maybe if you lived in the real world you would recognize one of your fellow Liberals.

Bob Lawless

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Does anyone here think that the 235,000 households that will stay warm this winter really care where the heating oil came from?

Eric

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

Of course not!!!!!,,,,that's why Chavez' stunt works so well,,,,,Americans are like stray dogs,,,!!!,,,feed 'um once,,,,and they lick your hand forever!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I guess free heating oil is a good thing, if you're a minority. Only 8% of the homes in the USA are heated with fuel oil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.