1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Clements

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by once fired, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. once fired

once fired Guest

We lost one of the nicest guys I've ever known yesterday.

We'll all miss the lanky gentleman from Miami Missouri.

Lynn Gipson

2. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

A fine gentleman, I don't think Joe ever met anyone he didn't like! Always remembered you, and always spoke and offered a handshake!

3. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Lynn,

Sorry to hear about Joe he was one of the first locals we got to know during our first visit in 98, wonderful man full of wonderful conversation.

I will never forget just before shoot-off at the 2001 Iowa State he called me over and told me he had something for me, he reached into his right hip pocket and pulled out his clenched fist with the middle finger sticking straight out and quitely said to me "Stick it to em".

We cannot visit this summer but have plans of coming over next year, our best wishes to Joe's family and many, many friends.

Gary Kennerson and the "Downunder Gang".

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

"He's probably already dealing a hand of "pitch" to George and Larry," said Karla Harrison.

5. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

had the pleasure to shoot a hcap event at the grand in 06, with joe, big tall lankey guy, with a friendly smile, a true gentleman..dk.

6. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Rest in peace my friend,,,,

7. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Very sad to hear of Joe passing. Dad and I always looked forward to seeing Joe and Larry when we went to Linn Creek or Bosco's. Both class guys and fine shooters. We truly missed Larry and now sadly we will miss Joe as well.

8. rocktire

rocktire Member

Got the pleasure of meeting Joe a couple of times. He was a class act. My condolences to those close to him.

Kurt M.

9. NintyT

NintyT Member

I'll miss Joe as well. First time I met him, in Vegas, he loaned me his doubles gun. I hadn't brought mine alone, and he wouldn't take no for an answer. Friends ever since. Steve Johnson

10. once fired

once fired Guest

Visitation and Funeral arrangements (from the Kansas City Star, 6/26):

Joseph M. Clements, Sr., 82, of rural Miami, Mo., died Wednesday, June 24, 2009, at Boone Hospital Center in Columbia, Mo. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday, June 29, at First Baptist Church in Slater. Burial with military honors will be in Rehoboth Cemetery at Slater. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday, at the church. Memorials are suggested to the cemetery in care of Weiker Funeral Home in Slater. Survivors include his wife of 59 years, Dorothy Jenkins Clements of the home; three sons, Darrell Macumber of Marshall, Joe Clements, Jr. and Alan Clements, both of rural Miami; a daughter, Dixie Perkins of Belton; seven grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; a brother, W.E. Clements of rural Slater; and a sister, Esther Rhea Peel of rural Slater. He was preceded in death by a brother, John S. (Jack) Clements and a sister, Alice Maud Phillips. Mr. Clements was a member of the Missouri Trapshooters Hall of Fame and a 25-year member of the board of directors of the Missouri Trapshooters Association. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II and a 54-year member of the American Legion Post #78 in Slater. He was a lifelong Saline County farmer and president of the Saline County Democrat Club.

11. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Arangements were made yesterday. Visitation will be from 6-8 p.m. on Sunday and the funeral will be Monday morning at 10:30 at the Baptist Church in Slater. The family suggests in lieu of flowers to make a donation to the cemetary. When I get an address to send memorial donations to, I will post it.

12. olabell

olabell TS Member

We will miss Joe so very much,he was a true friend, always a handshake for Burlie and a big hug for me. This is truely like loosing a brother, we had been through a lot together.
    bet he and Larry, Keith,Ceorge, and Jim are having a good pitch game or a god round of trap.
    May he rest in peace, our thoughts and prayers are with Dorothy and the family.
    Olabell and Burlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.