1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Biden: What Shotgun May I Have?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Chango2, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Heard that Joe Biden recommends that a shotgun is a good idea for home defense, but not an assault rifle. Sounds like pretty "fair" advice, given that .223 bullets might go from one condo's walls to another or something like that.

I wish to know, and I sorta like this Biden idea, but haven't read all of the particulars.

Joe, please advise:

1. May I get a cosmoline-new Model 12 trench gun if I go through a civilian shotgunning course?

2. Who will remove the barrel bayonet lug, if anybody?

3. If I can get the military version of the Model 12, may I ask for one with a full choke? Or is it "catch as catch can?"

4. If the government has no shotguns available for any program, may I buy one through Ford Motor Company or through G.M. to help the economy?

5. Most importantly, should I buy 7.5's or 8's to use in my new home defense shotgun?

Thanks...and, in reality, I think this is good advice for home defense. Oh, and I'd particularly like to put in for, if there is any program, a government stored-in-cosmoline Model 42. In fact, I think this would be a "green" gun since it would use less lead. I'll buy at least ten of 'em if available in any program about which I have no idea if or where such a program exists. I am kicking myself for not following through for the M-1 as per the Civilian Marksmanship Program....

Thanks,

David

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Seems to be the opinion of Jim Scoutten of Shooting USA, also. Although he prefers a 20 ga. pump. His reasoning, nothing gets the attention quicker then the sound of loading a shell into the chamber, like a pump.

3. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Bidens an idiot plain and simple.Hes the kenyan ass clowns main stooge.I have seveal firearms for home defense.I bung hole joe had any brains it would be scary also 2 shots might work on one perp but mutiples might be different.Maybe joe is thinking of the hollywood doubles that always has shells and never misses or needs reloaded.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Biden notes the ease of use for a double barrel shotgun for defense use by his wife. Just pull the trigger.

Uh, Joe, it's trigger is just as easy to use as a semi-auto shotgun.

What a putz.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I think the real people guarding Biden should also be limited to a double shotty.

6. thunder

thunder Active Member

Biden all I have do is pull the trigger on any gun I own, what a moron. Screw Biden, Obama and anyone in the rest of the government or civilian that is trying to tell me what I need or own. The last time I checked this isn't Russia.

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Biden= a old Delaware Indian name that translates to.. he whose wisdom comes from south end of northbound buffalo

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Jon you need to tell Jim Scoutten that the only thing the perp would hear is the click of the safety going to fire, he might hear the click of the trigger but that would be immaterial at that point

Self defense isn't like the movies, when the perp hears the racking of the load into the chamber you will very likely get shot before you fire

9. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pretty funny CalvinMD. Since Biden is such an expert, all of a sudden, on shotguns and personal defense, I wonder if he shoots skeet with Barry Sotelo at Camp David?

10. CalvinMD

Doubt the shootin skeet part at all..but can easily imagine them sitting crosslegged on the floor ..using a shotgun barrel as a way of doing a crackpipe smoke blow between while cranking up the Jimi Hendrix jams

11. CharlieAMA

12. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I betcha they do shoot shotguns at Camp David. Why not, "toys are toys" and they don't have to pay for ammo and a shoot ticket. (I'd guess, don't know, maybe they do have to pay someting or full tilt...)

Kinda cool, Presidency has its perks, and they may think that shooting sports ought to only be for the entitled anyway...then it is quite ok.

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"The last time I checked this isn't Russia."

No BUT the Democrats and RINO's are doing their best to make it SO!!

14. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Maybe after a while Russians will have more freedoms than we have.

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  16. CalvinMD

I think they already do Rick..the pendulum has already swung...ours and theirs are going in opposite directions

17. CalvinMD

That pic must have been taken right after the crack kicked in Brian

18. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

His head is starting to list again. Probably time to get the bolts in his neck tightened back up.

19. CalvinMD

After telling telling his wife how to blast out the door with her double barrel I'm sure the criminals have now written a personal note: Wait for the two bangs then break in while she figures how to open them damn thing to reload

20. CharlieAMA

The first shot would go through the door, but the second would go through the ceiling. LOL>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.