1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Biden - Hard Core Pro-Gunner

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Biden 11/18/1993 - "Banning guns is a time that has come." Must have been misquoted. And nevermind his F rating by the NRA. The NRA must be wrong. And Biden is a skeet shooter, so you know he's a hard core pro-gunner.<br>
    <br>
    From Fox:<br>
    <br>
    Obama’s “Got A Problem” If He Tries to Take Biden’s Guns<br>
    <br>
    by Aaron Bruns<br>
    <br>
    CASTLEWOOD, VA — Memo to Barack Obama: don’t mess with Joe Biden’s guns.<br>
    <br>
    At a fish fry for mine workers in rural Southwest Virginia, the Delaware Senator commiserated on being from coal country himself — and did his damndest to convince the blue collar, mostly white Democrats that he’s on the ticket to win over that Obama’s one of them as well.<br>
    <br>
    One of rural Democrats’ biggest fears about Obama? That he’ll come after the Second Amendment. Not so, said Biden — and he’d better not try.<br>
    <br>
    “I guarantee you, Barack Obama ain’t taking my shotguns*, so don’t buy that malarkey,” Biden said angrily. “They’re going to start peddling that to you.”<br>
    <br>
    “I got two, if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem.”<br>
    <br>
    Biden has said he doesn’t hunt, but shoots skeet with his two firearms. “I like that little over and under, you know? I’m not bad with it,” he said today.<br>
    <br>
    Much of his remarks focused on protecting labor from the “barbarians at the gate” — as Biden accused George Bush and John McCain of waging a war on unions. The Vice Presidential nominee also kept coal at the forefront, saying he could use the $4 billion in tax breaks that McCain wants to give to oil companies to instead develop clean coal technologies.<br>
    <br>
    But the main message on the trail continues to be economic. Biden bashed McCain for his upcoming artcile urging deregulation of the health care industry to match the deregulation of banks over the last 10 years — just as that deregulation is being blamed for the collapse of several major Wall Street banks. “Opening up the health insurance market to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done the last decade for banking, would provide more choices for innovative products and less burden by the worst of the excessive state regulations,”McCain wrote in the September issue of Contingencies, a trade magazine for actuaries.<br>
    <br>
    Biden was happy to translate for the crowd. “Get rid of the regulations, get rid of the protection, and hang on to your health insurance,” he said. “Ladies and gentlemen, this guy’s not learned anything.”<br>
    <br>
    “He wants the health care industry to have new ‘Innovative” products. Let me translate that for you. In the mortgage industry, they talked about new innovative products: Subprime mortgages,” said Biden. “The new product is bringing down our economy.”<br>
    <br>
    *(What about our handguns, rifles and semi-automatics, Joe?)

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Brian,

You are not supposed to catch that "oversight". You were just supposed to be in awe that he was "on their side". Do they really think that all Americans are that stupid???

3. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Yes, they do. Remember...we are bitter and cling to our guns and religion...

4. Brian in Oregon

Not, not all Americans. Just some misguided and easily fooled Fudds.

5. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Well views obviously can, and sometimes should change, so lets hope that Biden really means this. We all know that fox is conservative, and if it's conservative, it's right. So who knows?
    -Trappy

6. Brian in Oregon

Even Hillary is a hunter.

7. Brian in Oregon

Trappy12, quote: "Well views obviously can, and sometimes should change, so lets hope that Biden really means this. We all know that fox is conservative, and if it's conservative, it's right. So who knows?"<br>
    <br>
    Prima facia evidence of a misguided and easily fooled Fudd.

8. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

They're hunters...yeah, right. A picture's worth a thousand words...puablo
    [​IMG]

9. Brian in Oregon

2str8, quote: "Wow what a liar biden is. Everyone knows the truth, democrats don't even own guns much less enjoy the shooting sports. Gees, they will say anything and call it the truth. Good thing the people on this thread are smart and know it is all a lie. Dems don't own guns or shoot skeet."<br>
    <br>
    Oh great, another fool Fudd squeaks up.<br>
    <br>
    No one is saying Dems don't own guns. It's quite apparent from this site that some do. The issue is when fanatical anti-gunners try to reinvent themselves as champions of the Second Amendment, and claim to be "one of us".<br>
    <br>
    You either are incapable of understanding this, or are deliberately ignoring it.

10. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Kind of like the deer hunting qoute from the great hunter and outdoorsman John Kerry...

"I go out with my trusty 12-gauge double-barrel, crawl around on my stomach. I track and move and decoy and play games and try to outsmart them. You know, you kind of play the wind. That's hunting!"

Or Bill Clinton, the Governor of one of our greatest duck hunting states, calling a shotgun a "duck rifle".

Sheesh

11. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Hillary's not a hunter, but she is a predator.

12. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I guess the only reason scum like Biden and Obama, whose records are totally anti-gun, lie about their anti-gun beliefs is that there are some really stupid hunters and shooters who believe them.

13. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Stop telling lies 2stupid. You don't give a crap about ANY Amendment, none, including the Second. Your single motivation is to hate George, and falsely accuse him.

14. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

The second amendment ain't about duck hunting or skeet shooting.

jim brown

15. Brian in Oregon

2str8, quote: "Brian, The issue is when fanatical pro-gunners try to present themselves as champions of the Second Amendment, and then watch speechless as our other rights are stripped."<br>
    <br>
    What is a "fanatical" pro-gunner? Is that someone who believes the Second Amendment should not be infringed upon? As opposed to to what, alledged pro-gunners like you who feel it is OK to ban SOME firearms?<br>
    <br>
    As for your statement about "other rights", be specific.

16. Brian in Oregon

You are a dunce if you think hard-core pro-gunners vote ONLY for the Second Amendment. In fact, we look at the Second Amendment FIRST, because that is the litmus test by which we judge how a politician views The People and their rights. If a politician does not trust The People with the Second Amendment, then how do they trust The People with other rights?<br>
    <br>
    Tell you what. You show me a Democrat who is just as pro-gun as Palin, and I'll then weigh the OTHER differences in their stance.<br>

17. Brian in Oregon

Joe Biden on Gun Control<br>
    <br>
    Democratic Sr Senator (DE)<br>
    <br>
    Keep assault weapons ban; close gun show loophole<br>
    <br>
    Q: How many of you, in your adult lifetime, have had a gun in the house?<br>
    <br>
    [Show of hands]: Senator Gravel, Senator Biden, Senator Dodd, Governor Richardson, Congressman Kucinich.<br>
    <br>
    Q: Sen. Biden, what could the federal government have done to save those kids at Virginia Tech?<br>
    <br>
    A: What they could have done is three things.<br>
    <br>
    1. In the so-called Biden crime bill, we put 100,000 cops on the street. I've worked with law enforcement for the past 30 years, with armor-piercing bullets, waiting periods, etc. But the one thing that's clear: We should not have let the assault weapons ban lapse.<br>
    <br>
    2. We should close this so-called gun show loophole, so you can't go into a gun show and buy a gun that you couldn't buy walking into a gun shop.<br>
    <br>
    3. We have let the country down in the way in which we have not focused on mental illness. We should know that your kid is safe at college. If teachers determine that a child is a danger, the school should be able to take them off the campus.<br>
    <br>
    Source: 2007 South Carolina Democratic primary debate, on MSNBC Apr 26, 2007
    Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.<br>
    <br>
    A bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the misuse of their products by others. Voting YES would:<br>
    <br>
    * Exempt lawsuits brought against individuals who knowingly transfer a firearm that will be used to commit a violent or drug-trafficking crime<br>
    <br>
    * Exempt lawsuits against actions that result in death, physical injury or property damage due solely to a product defect<br>
    <br>
    * Call for the dismissal of all qualified civil liability actions pending on the date of enactment by the court in which the action was brought<br>
    <br>
    * Prohibit the manufacture, import, sale or delivery of armor piercing ammunition, and sets a minimum prison term of 15 years for violations<br>
    <br>
    * Require all licensed importers, manufacturers and dealers who engage in the transfer of handguns to provide secure gun storage or safety devices<br>
    <br>
    Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill S 397 ; vote number 2005-219 on Jul 29, 2005<br>
    <br>
    Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence.<br>
    <br>
    Vote to pass a bill that would block certain civil lawsuits against manufacturers, distributors, dealers and importers of firearms and ammunition, mainly those lawsuits aimed at making them liable for gun violence. In this bill, trade groups would also be protected The bill would call for the dismissal of pending lawsuits against the gun industry. The exception would be lawsuits regarding a defect in a weapon or ammunition. It also would provide a 10-year reauthorization of the assault weapons ban which is set to expire in September 2004. The bill would increase the penalties for gun-related violent or drug trafficking crimes which have not resulted in death, to a minimum of 15 years imprisonment. The bill calls for criminal background checks on all firearm transactions at gun shows where at least 75 guns are sold. Exemptions would be made available for dealers selling guns from their homes as well as members-only gun swaps and meets carried out by nonprofit hunting clubs.<br>
    <br>
    Reference: Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Bill S.1805/H.R.1036 ; vote number 2004-30 on Mar 2, 2004<br>
    <br>
    Voted YES on background checks at gun shows.<br>
    <br>
    Require background checks on all firearm sales at gun shows.<br>
    Reference: Lautenberg Amdt #362; Bill S. 254 ; vote number 1999-134 on May 20, 1999<br>
    <br>
    Voted NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations.<br>
    <br>
    The Hatch amdt would increase mandatory penalties for the illegal transfer or use of firearms, fund additional drug case prosecutors, and require background check on purchasers at gun shows. [A YES vote supports stricter penalties].
    Reference: Hatch Amendment #344; Bill S. 254 ; vote number 1999-118 on May 14, 1999<br>
    <br>
    Voted NO on loosening license & background checks at gun shows.<br>
    <br>
    Vote to table or kill a motion to require that all gun sales at gun shows be completed by federally licensed gun dealers. Also requires background checks to be completed on buyers and requires gun show promoters to register with the Treasury.<br>
    Reference: Bill S.254 ; vote number 1999-111 on May 11, 1999<br>
    <br>
    Voted NO on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks.<br>
    <br>
    Vote to table [kill] an amendment to make it unlawful for gun dealers to sell handguns without providing trigger locks. Violation of the law would result in civil penalties, such as suspension or revocation of the dealer's license, or a fine.<br>
    Reference: Bill S 2260 ; vote number 1998-216 on Jul 21, 1998<br>
    <br>
    Rated F by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun control voting record.<br>
    <br>
    Biden scores F by NRA on pro-gun rights policies

18. Brian in Oregon

So I take it you cannot produce a pro-gun Democratic politician. Thank you for that confirmation.

19. Brian in Oregon

(1) Why should law-abiding citizens be penalized at gun shows? How about a mandatory sentence of 20 years for using a gun in a crime? How about a mandatory 20 years for a felon in possession? The reason you don't see these is because liberal politicians want to pass laws that affect law-abiding gun owners, not criminals.<br>
    <br>
    (2) Trigger locks do not work on all guns. Particularly lever operated firearms. And they can be dangerous on some firearms that are kept loaded. Having said that, the law makes criminals out of the victims of burglaries. This is like holding a woman responsible for rape because she wore a short skirt.<br>
    <br>
    (3) Armor piercing bullets. Since you see no need for them, I can only assume you do not hunt big game. Because the laws banning armor piercing bullets banned nearly all centerfire rifle ammunition used for hunting. The so-called "cop killer" teflon bullets that were at the center of this controversy were NEVER, let me repeat - NEVER - sold to the public. It was a non-issue, and anti-gunners seized on it to simply ban as much ammunition as possible.<br>
    <br>
    (4) "Uninformed citizens" doing stupid things. What exactly do you mean by that? If you are talking about firearms and hunting accidents, they're at an all time low, thanks to education by gun organizations like the NRA, not the government. If you are talking about criminal misdeeds, then call them criminals, not citizens.<br>
    <br>
    I notice you did not mention banning semi-automatics. That's high on the list of Obama and Biden. What's your position there?

20. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I've never purchased a new gun. When you buy a new one, is the dealer required to do a background check? I know that they do on handguns, but what about rifles and shotguns? Just curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.