1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jobs you never want to do

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Robb, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robb

Robb Member

That IS funny.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Don't laugh...in another 10 years in America, he probably COULD be an English prof...

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

At least you get to pack heat.

OSHA would be very interested in the condition of your trucks.

Call them.

HM

4. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I think one call to the DOT would probably get some attention.

tony

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Tron, that was completely uncalled for... and hilarious!

-Gary

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Huuked on foniks sur wurkd fer me! At least it IS English.....well....sort of. I've had Adult Ed students that couldn't "speak" English better than that, so take a look at some of the latest HS Grads, or even College Grads, and you'll see a pattern. Dumb them down and tax them to death. I'll bet he shoots trap a lot better than he types.

7. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Copper, these people that would ridicule your spelling were wimpy little children while growing up and were picked on by other children. Now that their so called grown up, they will pick on people to make themselves feel good.

8. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Attention to small detail is a sign of self discipline.

That said, we all make mistakes and should cut folks a bit of slack. Unless, that is, they refuse to attempt to correct their errors over time.

HBT

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Copper, don't sweat the spelling. Some of these BOZO'S think their spelling GURU'S. They've nothing else to add to the thread.

10. 100straight

100straight Member

Copper,

Pay no attention to those people who know how to spell and use proper grammar. They are just a bunch of stuck up Doctors and Corporate Executives making six or seven figures, who are jealous of your success. It should be a comfort to you knowing they will never be your mental equal.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

11. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

I also enjoyed Coppers story, but, it is very hard to read because of the spelling and poor sentence structure. There are free spell checks on the internet, one being Ispell.

Great tongue in cheek 100straight. No I wasn't picked on as a child, I was the town bully. LOL

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Dere was a tyme when he coudn't even spel truk driver and now he are one ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Copper,

Please don't take mt last post as being hostile towards you. It was meant to be a bit sarchastic towards some of the other posts. I think it's great you are looking for work and trying to make things work. There are just too many people that are looking to the government for salvation, rather than doing like you and taking whatever jobs they can to make it. You are obviously intelligent enough to be able to make a go of it.

Thanks for sharing your story and please feel free to post any updates.

14. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

It appears that your command of the language is in line with the condition of the trucks they're having you drive. After reading your report, I wouldn't hire you to take out the trash.

You only have one chance to make a first impression.

As an old friend of mine used to say - "Of course I know what you mean, but God damn it, I shouldn't have to think for you!"

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Copper you put it out there and now you whine when someone critiques it. Most of us have done things that we didn't really want to do. The difference is we kept it to ourselves and didn't put out it there looking for sympathy.

Don

16. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I wasn't going to say anything, but you need to learn to accept constructive criticism...How have you made it through life when you attack every person that critiques something you do? Some of the guys aren't trying to be asses, they are simply trying to help. I really don't care how you spell, as long as it looks like it sounds and is in a sentence that makes sense, it's no big deal. Please don't attack me on this, I am trying to help, and am trying to defend the people who mean well. Josh

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You have 3 threads saying goodbye and about the same subject. Just what are you trying to accomplish??? Why not let it drop or do you like the attention??

Get on with your life.

Don

18. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

I’m surprised you ever made as much money in a day as what you do now in a week. It must have been a UAW job where effort and consensus work were not recognized, or your spelling and attitude would have held you back a long time ago.

Go tell your union steward that you are forced to drive an unsafe vehicle, the union will protect you. That is why you pay those monthly dues, so the union can protect your job.

If you are not represented properly, maybe some of the Chrysler or GM people can put you in touch with some good representation. It seems to be working for them.

I would also suggest contacting Washington DC for a maintenance bailout. Then when the Armored Vehicle Czar is in power, he can make sure you are protected.

Just a few suggestions, I’m sure there are more out there that I have missed but someone will cover them.

OB

19. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Mr. Dave Copper, you are making an ass of yourself. Please let it drop as I'm sure that you are the only one that cares. Get a life for crying out loud. BRGII

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.