1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Job market

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Catpower, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catpower

Catpower Well-Known Member

Copper I agree with you 1000%, do they still have the GI bill for education? That's what I used to get into the HVAC business, and it has been very good to me

But here's the problem, when I got into the business my first job I got $8 per hour in the early 70's, a new car was $2-3,000 a gallon of gas was about 30 cents a new house was about $25,000 on and on, now you can just put a zero behind everything that we bought back then but you aren't getting paid with a zero behind the 70's wages, more like a .25 or .30 multiplier if it all was the same, earn entry level troop would be getting $80 per hour, but now they are getting about $15-20 starting, but with time they can reach the $80, but it takes experience

Get him to a trade school, they will always need good people, and we are really having a hard time finding them
  2. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

My oldest son stayed in the service as a career choice, will be an E7 this summer after 10 years in. The military is a resonable job during these tough times.
  3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

There are lots of good paying jobs in high demand right now. The biggest issue is either the person is not willing to do the job or is not willing to relocate to where the job is.

Nurses

Welders

Truck Drivers

Those are just a few off the "jobs in high demand" list. Good jobs and jobs period do not come to you. You have to go to the job. Military is not a promise of a good job. You are paid for your service to your Country and is in not required that you serve. Like my 18yr old that is graduating Sunday, you have to have a plan. Blame anyone or anything you choose but the fact is you have to find the jobs and be willing to do the work. The jobs will NOT come to you.
  4. grntitan

Copper,

I believe my son had a better grasp on the job market then you believe. You see, he already has a nice paying job lined up that he has been working for several months now. We started preparing for this day long before it came around. I was just simply stating the good jobs are still there if you know where to look and are willing to do what's required. Perhaps your area is not as ripe with jobs but there are areas that are. Sometimes you have to move.
  5. grntitan

I'll refrain from further comments. Trying to reason with you is much like sticking your pecker in a live light socket. When you are done you leave wondering what the heck did I gain from that. You are a real piece of work copper.

P. S. Thank God your son aced his English. Perhaps he can work with you on yours.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.