1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Job hunting?? Maybe a possibility here

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by quicky, Jul 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicky

quicky Member

I can't say a lot about the jobs we have available until it is cleared through our HR Dep't. and all that stuff, EEOC, age, race, gender and all the disclaimers, etc.

However, the Co. I work for has been advertising all over the country for skilled tradespersons (PC and all that) for several jobs we have open. 'A' grade pay is $32.15/hr. These positions open at a 'B' rate. About $2/hr less.

Okay, here are some of the particulars: 1 week vacation in 2008 if hired after July 1st., 2 weeks annually until the 5th year and it goes to 3, then after 10 years it goes to 4. There is an option to 'buy' and extra week; 1 weeks pay split up over 52 pay periods on payroll deduct for the extra week off. 5 weeks after 20 years. No state income tax. 250 to 300 hrs O.T. annually if you want to work it. 401K plan: dollar for dollar match up to 9% of your annual gross pay and bonuses. Wide selection of investment options for the 401K $. Also there is a defined contribution pension plan. Good BC/BS health plan. Great hunting and fishing close by.

Here are the jobs: Mechanic/millwright: good working knowledge of centrifugal and positive displacement pumps; screw conveyors and conveyor belts; good reading, writing and arithmetic skills; ability to communicate well; ability to pass a bend test on 1/2" plate and other welding skills; good pipe layout knowledge. Work can be either indoors or outdoors; very cold in winter and hot indoors in the summer. Need boiler experience as well.

There is a form letter the company puts out that covers all this in a legal sense, and I have to get permission next week to do this on a formal basis. I am jumping the gun a little bit here, hope I don't get in trouble hanging myself out. Did I mention that we work a 4-day work week? I'll keep everybody posted next week as I get the formal blessing for a good posting. Quicky

2. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

were are you at.

The pay looks good, but I would have to give up 5 weeks of vacation!

Al

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

You should put that on the AWS website. I think that it would produce for you pretty quickly. Where are you located? I have everything and then some except the pump thing.

4. quicky

quicky Member

I will be able to say more next Tuesday after all (2) of the HR people are back in town. Have to have their blessing. Rural location in Wyoming. Quicky

5. chuckles

chuckles Member

You're looking for Men to do a Mans job.....good luck

all our new educational system puts out these days is computer freaks, gamers, sissy boys looking for eyeball work...

Try Tech schools, former Military types, AWS boards, ASM boards, ex-cons through the state prison systems...

30 years ago men were plentiful for this kind of work....

Not now....

regards

6. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Chuckles, isn't that the truth. What a sad day for the USA. BRGII

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.