1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jimmy Stewart Shot Maker

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by rustybuckets, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustybuckets

rustybuckets TS Member

0   0   0

[​IMG]

220v 8 1/2 shot single.
    S O L D S O L D S O L D

2. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

0   0   0

3. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

0   0   0

Checked out Stewart's site and it wasn't very helpful. I'd like to know more about these shot makers. Could anyone that's used one fill me in? Jim

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

It's the best made and well worth $300. If I already didn't have one I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

5. darr

darr Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I bought one about 3 years ago and made a deal with a friend to supply lead and the machine if he would make the shot.He made great shot with it.Tragically he died about a year ago.Great friend Bill McNeer.
    Anyway when I picked up the machine from his widow we could not find the manual.I have asked Mr. Stewart 3 times for another manual and still have not received it.My conclusion is a good machine and not so good service.

Darr Wilson

6. 686

686 TS Member

0   0   0

did you call him? i have had his shot makers for 5 yrs. and he has always been grate to work with. 256 587 0107

7. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

0   0   0

Would one of you print out the manual and post it here or Utube or something. By reading it I'd then know what it takes to operate the machine along with the upkeep and related costs associated with using the darn thing. That, or maybe take the time to write a brief 'outline' of what it takes. Thanks, Jim Price

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

That Jimmy Stewart was a great guy!!! Actor, Soldier , and now a bullet caster..what else don't know about this great American Icon!!! ; )

9. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

0   0   0

Calvin, you're NOT helping! LOL Jim

10. 686

686 TS Member

0   0   0

HERE IS JIMMY STEWERT'S EMAIL jstewart1934@hotmail.com
    sorry for the caps. i just talked to him. email him and he will send you out the info. his wife works the emails and will not be home till this afternoon.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

It's so simple to use a caveman could do it. However the rest of the system and how to make good shot, now that's an art. Look at old threads.

12. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

0   0   0

Here's the basics of how one works:

The machine melts the lead, which then drips out of 7 drippers which have small holes drilled into them. The droplets of lead then fall onto a small lip attached to the machine and roll into a coolant of your choice (I use hydraulic fluid). Thats pretty much it, besides cleaning and sifting the shot. Its a very simple process but takes some experimentation to figure out what works best for you. Other costs associated with the machine are coolant, which varies depending on what you use, a container to drop the shot into (ammo can works great), and a stand for your machine. My shotmaker is on a wooden table ontop of a patio stone, I then have the ammo can with coolant on top of two cinder blocks in front of the machine. My setup is quite primitive compared to others but gets the job done.

As others have said, search through the old threads on here, there is some pretty good information. The Stewart Shotmaker is an excellent machine with excellent service.

13. JWS

JWS Member

0   0   0

DARR:
    I sent you a private message on TS.com or like the fella above said-email me at jstewart1934@hotmail.com
    James Stewart-Shotmaker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
homemade lead shot maker instructions
james stewart lead shot maker

james stewart shot maker

james stewart shot maker for sale
jimmy stewart shot maker

stewart lead shot maker

stewart shot maker
what kind of lead can you use in james stewart shotmaker