1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jim101? Looking for pump for shot maker help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by himark, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

We have ours set up for a continuous run with a 5/16 hole in bottom of drop tank. I have read back and found Jim101 stated he is using a 600 GPH pump from Lowes. I have also searched Lowes site and can NOT find this pump. Can you guys help me find this or a pump that will work. Jim states it requires a 600 GPH and that seems excessive but I am figuring its going to need 3-400 GPH and there is nothing really in between the 3 and 600????? Also has heat may be an issue if you reference a different pump??? Please advise I have looked everwhere for this pump on Lowes site with no avail.

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Himark, I tried a smaller pump and it was marginal at best. Antifreeze is thicker than water, You do loose flow rate when you add in coolers also. You need the added flow capicity to allow flow regulation to keep the coolant level stable. Heat has not been an issue. I just went to a lowes and looked at all the pumps. I knew the 300 I had was too small so I just picked the one that came close to doubling it's flow rate. The stores have pumps that are not on the website. I think the one I have was made for decorative water falls. LOwes is not the only source. Any place that sell landscaping materials should have some.

Jim

3. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Jim.. I was really thinking that 300 would do the trick but was going to be marginal. I appreciate your advice it has saved me that mistake. I will be going to Lowes tonight to look at what they have, thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.