1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jim "Whiz " White

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jul 30, 2013.

1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Whiz is at home recuperationg from a table saw injury. I dont know how severe it is but it is his left hand. Prayers for his quick recovery. Maybe someone will know more about his condition and post it here. He is a great friend to all of us.

2. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Jim

Thoughts and prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.

Mike* (MH*)

3. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Jim

Hope he KNOWS he can count on US Ts.comers if he needs ANYTHING.Prayers to Whiz !!!!!! Joe joe90t

4. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Jim

We will keep Jim and Family in our thoughts and prayers.

Brenda & Vern

5. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Jim

Get well Jim, Scott.

6. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Jim

Get Well Jim!

His PM has been disabled...pray he's OK!

milt

7. cpthook

cpthook Member

Jim

Jim, Sorry to hear about your accident, hope and pray that
    you have a speedy recovery.
    your friend, Jim

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Jim

Speedy recovery Jim. Jeff

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Jim

Whiz,

Sorry to hear about your accident, if there is anything I can do from the distance let me know ... No more sharp knives for you Buddy ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Jim

I just spoke to Jim last week and he told me of the accident but he said he is doing better and should be OK. I ordered some parts so it was business as usual.

Dennis DeVault

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Jim

Talked to him on Thursday. Ordered some Perazzi springs. He had mentioned the incident. Mostly skin damage from what he described. I told him we have something in common. LOL. Like he said, if you use power tools long enough, something is going to happen sooner, or later. The second picture is the board with my toe pointed to, I was notching for around the vent. The scariest part is when you look to make sure your fingers are still attached, as the blood is running down your arm.

Get well soon, and thanks for the quick shipping. Received Monday. Jon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. vdt

vdt Active Member

Jim

thats gooooooooooood news

Victor Tomlinson

13. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Jim

Hoping it wasn't serious. Get better sooner.

Just hoping you can still count to ten without using your toes too! lol

Hauxfan!

14. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jim

Glad to hear you on the road to recovery, And it wasn't more serious. Dave

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Jim

UPDATE: I spoke via email to jim today and he asked me to pass on that he is going to be ok. Here are a couple paragraphs that he uses to describe his injury.

I’ve not been on ts.com much as I have too much going on here. I am OK. I may lose part of the left index finger and will know more Friday at the hospital. Part of it won’t heal and the SOB hurts like hell. I finally had to stop taking pain killers as they were making me nauseous.

Tell them I’m OK. Pinkie 1 and 3 are still under wraps, 2 and 4 were just nicked and healing fine. I even pulled the stitches out of them myself.

16. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Jim

Thanks guys for your warm regards.

I also had to quit the meds because today I had to have completed a grant application for the Mayor's office for beautification. I just couldn't think clearly with the Codone, AND it made me feel sick.

At the emergency room I had to fight with the doctors because they wouldn't give me any morphine for nearly an hour. My heart rate was low and I guess I was going into shock... sweating like a stuck pig. All rather embarrassing. Anyway, after several attempts to convince them I had what other doctors have told me, that I have an athletic heart, AND if my heart was so bad, why was my blood pressure so good? I told them I'd kick my feet a few times to prove the rate would go up - it did.

They acquiesced, and I understand their concern. They said I (am 67 year old) should not have passed out when the ambulance picked me up. I told them I passed out with pain when I lost part of my middle finger when putting in a lift kit in one of my Silverado’s, and I passed out when I cut the face off my left thumb on the same table saw.

Funny thing was when I was a school administrator, I never had any injuries... and I kept my pencils damn sharp!! ;-)

I plan on meeting St Peter at the Pearly Gates, all used up anyway. No sense in being bashful about life except to say I HATE needles poking me.

Good luck to all you guys at Sparta.

I may be flying out to Azusa to see the folks at Perazzi USA in September. Al wants to meet me and hit some good restaurants. And, take my gun along. It's not been out of the case for a while.

Whiz

17. lytnin1

lytnin1 Member

Jim

Jim, glad to hear all is going OK [we hope] Greetings and Get Well from us Down Under.

18. TjayE

TjayE Member

Jim

Jim, sorry to hear of your accident. Wishing you a speedy recovery. We need you back in the shop. Take care Tom E.

Search tags for this page

jim whiz white