1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jim Warf has passed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by highrib, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highrib

highrib Member

Jim Warf, Jr. passed Wednesday February 27,2008 at his home in Lynchburg, Va. Jim was Trap & Skeet Chairman. and ATA Director at Izaak Walton League of Lynchburg for many years along with being Membership Secretary for IWLL. A U.S.Airforce Veteran who served from 8 years including a tour of Vietnam. Jim worked for 20 years as Customer Service Manager for Automated Conveyor Services. He is survived by his son James Warf III, wife, Brooke grandson James Warf IV. Jim worked sacrificially to better the shooting sports. A proficient marksman with handguns and rifles also he competed in bullseye league and the IWLL deer hunters rifle match, winning both over the years. Jim for many years organized the group of ATA shooters for excursions to matches throughout Virginia and across our great country. He will be missed.

Billy Wood

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

I worked with Jim for many years. This is sad news.

Pat Ireland

3. jdomas

jdomas Member

Jim will be missed by many in Lynchburg and VA. He did a lot to get me involved in the sport and I am glad he did.

John D.

4. DH

DH TS Member

I am so sorry to hear this. Jim was a true gentleman and will be missed by us all.
    Dave Hakola

5. Wahoo

Wahoo TS Member

Jim's passing is really a sad day. He treated me as a long-time friend from the first time I met him when I traveled up to the Hill City to shoot trap at IWL Park and was one of the reasons I kept going back. I won't be the only one who misses Jim, he was one of those guys who you never forget.

Guy C.

6. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy to family and friends.

Janet CJ, Ohio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.