1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

JIM SNOW of San Diego

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shot410ga, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Does he still roll his own and smoke Camels. He did, the last time I saw him. Amazing.......

2. JES

JES Member

He just beamed after you did that - he told us that big guy that shoots good asked for my autograph. I think that was a highlight he will never forget. He is the one that originally helped me get started shooting - he and Charles my husband.

3. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I remember the first time I shot next to Mr. Snow. He was my partner in a buddy shoot. He moves kinda slow when you change stations, but man can he crush the birds. The guy is an incredible shot.

My buddies and I could always tell from a distance when Jim was shooting, because his reloader was a little light on powder some times and Jim consistently shot bloopers.

Happy Birthday Mr. Snow. I hope we get to shoot together again soon!

Kevin

4. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....we had the pleasure of meeting Jim one time during a trip to Miramar. Leo and Karla Harrison

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Getting Miramar Shotgun Sports open again. I bet that's what Jim wants for his birthday, and I hope he can celebrate his 100th there with all his friends.

6. JES

JES Member

Dianne and Bill Savage had red t-shirts made to mark the occasion of Jim's first 100 registered targets. I still have mine in the trophy cab, signed by Jim Snow and the trap and field magazine.

For those that have never met Jim you can go to the Hall of fame on the ATA website under personalities and read about him incredible person.

7. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

I've posted the link above to the Birthday card with messages from folks that have sent me a message for Jim. 99 and counting. His image is on that card. I've asked his daughter if she has some old pix of Jim I can add to that page.

Augie

8. Bucko43

Very cool Augie.

Thanks for what you do for our club and the members.

Kevin

9. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Not only a TRUE gentleman and Hell of a TrapShooter, he is a great Teacher..I have been "SCHOOLED" by Mr. Jim in the fine art of target breaking more than a few times! Happy Birthday Jim..LarryB (SanDiego/Lakeside)

10. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Just moving it up since his 99th Birthday is tomorrow, 11/23.

Augie

11. Bucko43

Up for Jim's birthday today!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.