Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

JIM FINLEY of Kansas passes

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  OldGoat 
#1 ·
Jim (J.T.) Finley of Rose Hill/Wichita, Kansas passed away today after an extended illness. Jim had shot registered targets since the early 70's and has run a hobby shop that sold reloading supplies for many years. His grandson, Ryan, has continued to run the reloading supply business. Many of the old time shooters will remember Jim at shoots as a shooter and a card player between events. He was one of the all time old "characters" of the game and will be missed by those who knew him.

Greg Hissem

#3 ·
Greg:Thanks for posting the info about Jim.I will never ever forget the look on Jim`s face when I first told him "You will never feel like you`ve been treated unfriendly when you do business with J.T.Finley."He truely was one of the best and most fun person to be with at a gun club...John Wiegand.

#4 ·
If memory serves, Jim was the guy who ran the calcutta auction at Kinsley, Kansas the Saturday nights after the doubles marathons. At least he was the guy the year that I brought the Lobster out from Connecticut. From one old auctioneer to another "Travel Safe and Rest in Peace".

Mike Mann

#5 ·
I always enjoyed seeing/visiting with Jim at skeet shoots. Years ago, he was on the same squad shooting a Crown Grade K-80...with a release trigger. Will never forget that he just insisted I shoot it just for fun in practice after the squad finished...I almost shot the roof off the high house. He always liked smelling the smoke from paper 12 ga. hulls, pretending to swoon as he inhaled the aroma. Great Guy. Best Regards, Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.