1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jim DeMint Celebrates Vet's Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Jim DeMint Celebrates Vet

SC Republican Senator and Tea Party Leader was the only "NO" vote yeaterday to the Senate Bill that enables potential employers a tax break if they hire a Veteran. The bill passed the Senate, 94-1. Way to go Jimmy!

blade819
    A Veteran

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

On the other hand from my Congressman and he is a Democrat (Blue Dog).

Dear Friends,

Today, I am proud to join millions of Americans across the country in thanking the veterans of our military for their service and commitment to our country. The sacrifices these brave men and women have made cannot be forgotten, and it is on this day that we honor them for their service, remember those veterans who have lost their lives and celebrate the freedoms they fought to protect.

With more than 50,000 veterans in the Fourth Congressional District, I consider it an honor to be a leading voice in Congress fighting for veterans’ benefits and ensuring that these American heroes have the support they have earned. I have worked hard to ensure that support for our veterans is a top priority for the Congress. That is why I introduced a bill to support the American Legion that nearly every Member of Congress has cosponsored. A record-setting 432 co-sponsors have joined me on this legislation, proving that veterans’ issues unite both parties.

We must never forget the sacrifice our service men and women returning home from overseas, those still serving, and those who have been home for quite some time, have given for their country. As service members leave their lives behind to defend the United States, it is our responsibility to make sure they have the resources necessary to succeed upon their return. From fostering an economy that will allow them to prosper to providing the best medical services possible, our troops deserve nothing but the best.

There are events planned all across western Pennsylvania to honor veterans today, and as you and your family take part in these festivities, please join me and my family in thanking these brave American heroes. An easy way to show your support for our veterans is to write a message on the “A Nation Thanks You” Facebook application by clicking here.

Sincerely,

Jason Altmire

3. blade819

Rick:

It's a $9600 tax credit, Please don't try to reason his action. 94 of his collegues voted yes. Accept the fact that he's an asshole and move on. Barrelbulkge..........thank you.

blade819

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Bulge,

I actually6 LIKE Altmire. I( think he is as open-minded as any Dem can be. I think he has integrity which is hard to find in any politician and impossible to find in a Dem.

Birdogs

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

birddogs, I agree with you. I had a sit down with him a couple of times and his reasons for voting the way he did and I did not like actually made sense.He does seem to make decisions on merit and not on party lines. No 2nd amendment problems with him either. Mike.

6. blade819

Up again for Senator DimWitt.

7. blade819

Rick....when it comes to any help to our Vets, the answer is ALWAYS yes! Forget the flock.

blade819

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rick is right. This was a political, "feel good cause we're helping the vet's bill".

As an employer, I hire people if I have work for them, they're qualified, and they have good work ethics.

Not because the Senate passed a bill.

It's great they offered the incentive, but the decision to hire is based on all the business factors.

Those vets have a better chance getting hired if they pass a bill lowering the the national debt, adjust the budget, and creating pro-business production atmosphere.

Of course that would require sacrifices and jeapordize their re-election.

9. blade819

Setterman & Rick... I guess you are both right! You are both in good company with senator DimWit. The other 94 members of the Senate are wrong.

blade819

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Is Blade819 Mrskeet in disguise?

11. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

If the feds were REALLY interested in doing something for vets, improvements in veterans' hospitals would be a good place to start.

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Agree with Rick,,,,which is what almost ALL politicians do,,,,use for photo ops and then stab them in the back,,,,,UNTIL the next photo op....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.