1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jim Creighton-Manistique Gun Club ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esoxhunter, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Jim: Give me a reply on my email. I would like to know what days/nights you are open for open shooting. I will be in Northern Wisconsin through the summer and would like to visit your club. Thanks. Ed

2. Dynokick189

Dynokick189 TS Member

Ed,
    Jim's probably in Mason right now - so I'll pass along some info for you.
    We shoot on Wed. afternoons, usually are there around 2 pm. We shoot trap, skeet and 5 stand (no particular order).
    If you're coming from Wisc. stay on rte #2 toward Manistique, however, turn north at COOKS (just after a passing lane), and follow that road to M94 in Manistique (blinker), turn left and go about 9 miles. Club on the right and well marked.
    If you miss the turn at Cooks, keep on to Thompson (about 10 miles beyond Cooks) and turn left there - that road will end, then turn right, contiues as above.
    Try Jim again after the holiday - he should be back, and can give you other info if you need it.
    Mike

3. Herbert

Herbert TS Member

Dynokik - Do you guys have any two day registered shoots other than Labor Day? I've checked Trap & Field and see no other listings. Thanks...Herb

4. Dynokick189

Dynokick189 TS Member

Unfortunately, no. We have the U.P. Zone shoot coming up on June 24, but that's a one day.
    Even more unfortunately - we are the only club in the U.P. that throws registered birds. Used to be a few other clubs, but attendance was poor and they dropped their programs.
    Creighton does his best to promote the sport, but it's tough to get shooters to travel any distance to get here.
    Hope our days aren't numbered.
    Mike

5. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Les Cheneaux Sportsman Club also throws registered targets in the U.P.

LES CHENEAUX SPORTSMAN CLUB

CEDARVILLE MI 49719

906-484-2965, 906-484-3181

Their next shoot is June 23-24.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.