1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

JIM BURK has passed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dave, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Donna, Jim's wife, called me this morning to tell me that Jim is gone. Jim was known here as Antiques. Jim was well known to trap shooters and antique enthusiasts, and will be greatly missed by many. I have no details as to services at this time, and will post more when I get them.

2. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear it. Prayers go out to his family.

3. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Our hearts go out to Jim's wife and family. I never met him but I enjoyed his postings on here.

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Dear Donna.......Having just lost my wife 2 weeks ago today, I can feel your emotions as if they are my own. I know you will get through this with help from friends and family, but, I'm finding I'm taking it one day at a time as nothing is coming easy. If I can be of any help to you in any way, please PM me and I will be happy to share, or answer any questions you may have. You have my most sincere, heartfelt condolences, as I, too, know how it feels to lose a good friend and life partener......God bless you and hold you in his arms as you go through these times, as he has me..........Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

There will be a service the 6th of August at Scheids funeral parlor, just off Rt 999, in Millersville Pa

Scheid Andrew T Funeral Home

320 Old Blue Rock Rd

Millersville, PA 17551

(717) 872-2266

6. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Jim was a good guy and will be missed.

He ran the trap program at the Quarryville, PA club.

He and Donna also ran the PA, MD, and DE hospitality tent at Vandalia for many years.

Adios, Dirk

7. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I just really got to know Jim as of last year and really liked the old rascal. He was always nice to me and we enjoyed telling each other the truths about various things. Iam really saddened to hear of this.

Stay strong Donna. You are in the hearts and prayers of alot of us.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I am saddened to hear this as well-

Prayers to all his family

regards from Iowa

Gene

9. lc

lc TS Member

My son still talks about Jim, we shot with him years ago at the Ohio State shoot. Jim when out and bought a new K-80 between 100s and shot it for the second 100. The next day he bought another gun and my son was amazed. Jim and I laughed about that for years. I will truly miss him.

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Upon hearing the sad news I closed my eyes to say a little prayer for my friend,..and when I did I could picture the vision of a thin white haired man in a Quarryville club ball cap..walking with a mile wide grin with a happy healthy golden retriever by his side..I will truly miss Jim but know he and Dobie will be hunting green-heads and big honkers in heaven, without a care and pain in the world. Call some in for me ol' buddy and I'll see you again on the trapfields up above one day..CalvinMD

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Condolances to the family and his friends, Jim will obviously be missed by many ... Rest in Peace ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. lisalong

lisalong Member

So, so sorry to hear this. Jim was a great supporter of the sport and the shooters. He always had the shooters in his heart and we have him, and Donna, in ours. Farewell, old friend! Lisa Long and Jeff Whiteside (who also knew him through the antiques)

13. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I just spoke to Donna and the viewing will be from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Service will be at 2:00 PM. Burial will be private

14. CalvinMD

Dave...is the times you posted just for 8/6?

15. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Calvin,

Yes

Wednesday August 6, viewing will be from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Service will be at 2:00 PM. Burial will be private

Andrew T Scheid Funeral Home

320 Old Blue Rock Rd

Millersville, PA 17551

(717) 872-2266

16. CalvinMD

Thanks so much Dave ..anyone wishing to send condolences directly to Jim's family may do so by clicking the weblink and going to the condolences button

17. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

So sorry for Jim's family and friends loss. Did not know Jim personally but know how the loss of a loveone feels.

18. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Link to Jim's obit.

Adios, Dirk

19. ljsbaldwin

ljsbaldwin TS Member

Clay, Ali & I are deeply saddened by this news. We send our heartfelt prayers and love to Donna and Jim's entire family. Jim always offered us an encouraging smile whenever we saw him. We are proud to have known him. We will miss you, my dear sweet friend...

Lisa Baldwin

20. thunder

thunder Active Member

This year at Southern Grand I again talked with Jim and Tom, had a great conversation as always. Our prayers go out to the family, Jim will be missed.

Andy and Monica Hall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.