1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jewell 10/22 trigger for sale/sold

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by steele, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steele

steele TS Member

0   0   0

Danny, Do you know if this will fit a 10/22 mag? I'm building a 17HMR rifle out of my 10/22MAG, & I know I will need a trigger. Butch from Pgh.

2. DANNY

DANNY Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Butch, I am not sure if it will fit. I will try to find out if it will or not.

Thanks Danny

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

you dont want to do that- build it out of a 22MAG -those were the guns that were blowing up- that is why they dont make the 22Mag- they dont want people converting them

Just a thought

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. turmite

turmite Member

0   0   0

Gene, the guns were not blowing up.....the bolts were cracking.....isn't strange that a company like Volquartsen can make a semi 22mag or 17 mag and it doesn't break, but the big boy won't take the time to make a simple design change to take a flaw out. Rather.....we just won't make any more.

Mike

btw....the bolts were cracking because Ruger required the owners to send the guns back for a factory extraction fix only to cause the problem of cracking. All that was needed to fix the problem from the factory was a simple extractor change.....Volquartsen did it, and Ruger didn't

5. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Danny,

PM inbound.

Pat

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Actually there are several different solutions that have been used and Vol used two different ones

The least expensive of the two is to add weight to the bolt

But no some guns in fact did blow out metal parts.

But yes everyone gets the idea- it was important enough the both Ruger and Remington stopped selling the 22 Mag versions

Gene

7. steele

steele TS Member

0   0   0

From my discussions with Volquartson, they indicated the bolt reacted too fast, causing cracking when it reached full stroke. Due to PA game regulations, we can't use an auto loader rifle for hnting, therefore, I installed an extra strong spring installed to eliminate the blowback of the bolt, I have to manually work the bolt to extract/reload the chamber. The only reason I'm messing around with this, is because there are so many "hotrod" parts for the 10/22. Butch

8. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Danny,

Another PM sent.

Pat

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

MUZZLEBLAST

I like your attempt to get around the law. I question weather or not you could get by with it. En end run around the law gets you a ticket in Oregon. Jeff

10. steele

steele TS Member

0   0   0

As long as the gun does not auto cycle, it is legit. It is no different than a bolt gun, only a single back & forth movement, sorta like a Blaser rifle. I'm not really getting around the law. I'm just making an auto loader into a "non auto loader" Already checked with DOW. They advised as long as the modification cannot be done in the field, they see no problem. Butch

11. DANNY

DANNY Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

PM's and apology's sent to Pat & Mike for my slow response to their pm's.
    Danny Hutton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

10-22 jewell trigger

jewell 10 22 trigger