1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jesse ventura

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

IIRC, he was an 'independent'....

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

It's a TV show for God's sake.

How much of it do you think is real?

The HAARP project replaces ELF, a low frequency transmitter in NOrthern Wisconsin that covered a lot of ground and pissed a lot of people off.

IF any of it is genuine you will hear a lot more of it.

I fear Obama a lot more than any of this stuff.

HM

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Minnesota will vote for any ol' goofball. Frozen brains. It would be a lot better if they held the elections in June.

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

You betcha!

5. BufferBob

BufferBob TS Member

Trouble is their are idiots out their that believe the crap he is spreading.

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I assume we're talking about the show called Conspiracy Theory.

Some episodes very seem interesting, and there's obviously a thread of truth in many of the topics, but the show is a lot more about hype and titillation than any real investigative journalism. Ventura is a good self-promoter and a character but he does not seem to be an educated man, nor is he exceptionally bright. He likes to draw publicity with controversial statements, but there's little depth behind his thinking. There is, however, some talent behind the scenes on this show. They usually find a way to make it interesting despite the vacuum between Jesse's ears.

-Gary

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Is someone credible who use to make a living by taking a piece of razor blade and slicing his forehead open to bleed on a wrestling mat?

blade819

8. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

There does seem to be something in the water, or snow, up there that makes people vote for idiots. I think they try to show their independence by voting for nut jobs. Not very smart.

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

When you mix general dissatisfaction with government leadership with corruption and an increasingly ignorant and apathetic citizenry, desperate and bad things happen.

Look at California. I always liked Arnold, but does anyone really think he was the great mind necessary to pull a gigantic economy like California's back from the brink of disaster? This great state was obviously dragged down by entitlements, excessive government, tolerance for illegal aliens, and moral decline (a.k.a Liberalism).

All those who really care about America should take a hard look at California, France, and England and learn from the mistakes they made. California, in particular, is a microcosm preview of where America is going. All the while, we're too busy playing video games and debating how many hoes Tiger Woods has banged.

As they say, people get the government they deserve. This is OUR fault. Our grandkids will never know the USA that we grew up with because WE allowed it to be pissed away. Shame on us.

-Gary

10. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Granted, Jesse Ventura is a putz. and yes, we did put Al Franken in office (well, maybe; it depends on who you let count the votes). And I guess we've voted in our share of other fruits & nuts, like Rudy "Loonie" Perpitch, Eugene McCarthy, etc.

But before some of you make any more disparaging remarks about us folks up here in Minnesota, you may want to take a look at what kind of glass houses you live in before casting more stones!

Anybody here from California? Home of Nancy Pelosi, Babs Boxer, Jane "The Harpie" Harmon? Let's not forget good 'ol Henry Waxman, or "Ah-nuld" the Terminator, either. Aren't you glad your gun and other constitutional rights are well protected by that rogues gallery?

speaking of loonies, how about Dennis "the space cadet" Kucinich? Bet you folks in Ohio are real proud of him!

Bet you folks in Louisiana wish you could get your money back out of William "What money in the refrigerator?" Jefferson.

New York? Chuck "Hollywood" Schumer, Michael Bloomberg, Carolyn McCarthy,...

Massachusetts? Let's see, that would be the folks that would put a turd in office, as long as it came from a Kennedy or Kerry, right? 'Nuff said there!

With just a minimum of a few more Google searches I should be able to find enough political skeletons from just about any state to fill all your closets!

Sorry if I seem overly touchy about this, but the insults do get a bit tiresome!

11. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

kiv--how dare you leave Illinois out, the home of Rod the shill Blagoevich, George Ryan, Dan Walker, and let's not forget Paul "shoebox" Powell.

Illinois, where the Governors make the license plates.

12. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Half Mile,

The ELF project, no longer active in Wisconsin and Michigan, was not replaced by the Alaskan HARP project. They are/were two entirely different projects with different goals.

The ELF was a low speed data transmission project to communicate, shore to ship only, with submarines that could receive the transmission while remaining submerged and thus less likely to be detected. It now, last I heard, uses twelve ELF transmitters scattered across the globe to try to maintain this communication.

HARP on the other hand uses high frequency (shortwave) RF directed beam energy to excite a portion of the Ionosphere and thus to change its characteristics for a short period of time. Currently in research, it is hoped that this may allow better communications with space based systems and possibly more reliably forecasting what the SW bands might do. It may also become possible to deny an enemy of their ability to communicate with their space and/or land/sea forces. It is not, in any way, involved with communications to submerged naval vessels.

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You are correct. However, the thing that make me jump to conclusions was a bit aI read on another site while surfing HAARP, with a sub communications reference.

I was aware of course, that our esteemed Senator Feingold (lover of illegal aliens and government health care) had gotten the ELF prject terminated a while back and assumed this was its successor.

Not true, abut there is a kernel in there somwhere.

Here is an excerpt from my reading.

"HAARP has subsequently become a target for those who have suggested that it could be used to test the ability "to deliver very large amount of energy, comparable to a nuclear bomb, anywhere on earth", "changing weather patterns", "blocking all global communications", "disrupting human mental processes" and mind control, communicating with submarines, and "x-raying the earth".

HM

14. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Ventura ran a good campaign for Gov from what I saw so getting elected is not so unreasonable. He is a controversial figure no doubt but I have to give him some slack for his service with the UDT\SEALS in Viet Nam.

15. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Was Jesse a SEAL? Read above and make up your own mind. In the article it mentions Det Golf or Solid Anchor on the Ca Mau Peninsula. As a Seabee I was there for about four months in 1970. The SEAL units and their UDT support units there saw a lot of hell and took a lot casulaties but reeked hell upon the VC in responce. If Jesse was there, I salute him. If he's lying, he's the windbag he appears to be. Jimmy Borum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Barry C. Roach

Illinois is just as bad and I'm from there. Same problem as Minnesota. The Cities. Wisconsin is horrible about it too. North Dakota's no better either.

kiv-c. If the shoe fits................we patriots gotta do something about it and not fight amongst ourselves.

17. Barry C. Roach

Illinois is just as bad and I'm from there. Same problem as Minnesota. The Cities. Wisconsin is horrible about it too. North Dakota's no better either.

kiv-c. If the shoe fits................we patriots gotta do something about it and not fight amongst ourselves.

18. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

We're still trying to live down Jessie in Mn, he wouldn't live in the Gov. Mansion because we wouldn't pay his wife a "wage for keeping the House" so his kid used the mansion for pot parties. He loved Mn so much that he immediately left and moved to Mexico where he let his hair grow on the sides to reflect his true bum image. The college kids elected him, not the adults. Glenn

19. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I'm In CA and I can tell you this... The reasion CA has gone down the tubes is because the RNC considers it to be a "lost cause", and won't fund any candidates here. They are and have been just letting it go, because of very short sighted and down right stupid thinking.

In the last election McCain conceeded CA from the outset. How stupid was that? Guess what? If he had won CA he would have won the whole show, simple as that.

Problem with conceeding CA and the libreal mentality in CA is that, this is where the idiots from the rest of the country get their ideas from!!

You guys need to pay attention here,,, You should be, no matter what state you live in, DEMANDING the RNC to launch an all out assult on all of the liberal politicians in CA, there was a partial list given above. But 3 of the biggest in Congress are Pelosi, Feinstein and Boxer, and there obviously are quite a few others that need to go too! Waxman, Waters, Harman the list goes on.

I got news for you, with 57 Electoral Votes and 40 million people we are the biggest single force in American politics. Nobody gives a shit about how New Hampster votes. I don't care about Iowa or West Virginia, these places that politicians think are so meaningful, are all small potatoes.

Nobody influencial lives there, and there damn sure isn't any money there. I live in the 6th largest economy in he world, albeit broke from democratic rule for the last 40 years, but still a fact. If we go broke, and we are,,, you go broke too, it's only a matter of time. California is more powerful politically than most all of the mid-west states combined!

Think about it!

We are 60% latino(up 10% from just 10 years ago)of which 25% are illegal. How's it going N.Carolina? I just heard about cops in NC having to go thru "sensitivity training" in Spanish!

There is a saying,,, "So goes CA, so goes the nation" and you better pay attention to that fact.

OH, by the way, as of tomarrow we have to sign for and give a fingerprint to buy Ammo, and that also means we can't buy online ammo any more. How long do you think it will take for other liberal ran states to do the same thing? Well,, not very long cuz Washington State and Oregon are both considering the exact same Law right now. Don't think you are immune just because you live east of the Colorado River. DC's gun ban law is word for word taken from CA. And don't think Pistol safety lists don't affect your favorite trap gun, it's only a matter of time. And if you are older, don't think that exempts you from responsibility, you owe a debt to this fight and to the future of the sports just because you were allowed to participate in the "shooting sports" during your lifetime. We all have to fight, all the time. Everybody fights, nobody quits! This is the correct mentality.

The fight is in Kalifornia, and you guys need to jump in the game, and the way to do that is to write the RNC and demand they focus on CA, and let the small potatoes grow a little larger. This next election is poised to be one of the biggest take backs since 1994, but unless we take back CA it won't mean much because the most vocal and powerful liberals in Congress come from here. Pelosi kind of runs the house, now doesn't she? If you don't get rid of her we haven't accomplished anything. Think how delicious it would be to send her packing.

Oh,,why don't you ask me how I really feel about all this crap?

Randy

20. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Randy is right -- we should launch an all out assault on California.

Preferably nuclear.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.