1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

### Jenkins Recoil Pad NIB ###

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ramorton, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I shot one. In my opinion, they are extremely hard. You will be lucky to get anything out of it. However, you might be able to shoot it with a Gracoil, Counter Coil etc. The design is now used by Gooey, which is a great pad.

2. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Hi Jerry,

I am interested in the pad is it green with yellow ?

Buddy in FLA

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerry- The first Jenkins pads were produced by one of the Jenkins brothers from Indiana. They were made from around 1930 to 1955. Both of the brothers are in the ATA Hall of Fame. Around 1980, the son of one of the brothers, who then lived in NC, sold the molds and rights to produce more Jenkins pads to an independent producer. This person made the original green/yellow pads plus some other colors. This second production run was short lived.

The original Jenkins pads with the distinctive green/yellow color was the first pad designed for trap shooting and was common on M-12s until 1960. The green/yellow pad should have some collectors value, especially to M-12 collectors. One of the newer different colors would have less value. I know of no way to determine the true value of the pad. I doubt that there are any other sales to use as a comparison.

Pat Ireland

4. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

I sold one that I had at a gun show for $50.00. It was like new, green with ayellow spacer. I have one more that shows use, same colors that I will part with. Reply if any interest in this one. Charlie

5. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I gave one away to a friend who somehow attached it to a Morgan adjustable base. I really appreciate the Kick-Eez pads that are on my trap guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jenkins recoil pad