1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

JEFF WAGNER ARTICLE T&F

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunpeople, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I read last night Jeff Wagner's (ATA President)article in the current T&F.

He specifically states he doesn't like the rumors that go around all the time, yet I have not seen any "Clear" information from HIM, regarding the recent changes to catagorys or the 2 yard reduction.

C'mon Mr. President, can you please come out and abort the rumors that you don't like to see, and give us the clear, concise, reasoning behind these changes. We need to hear it from YOU, not on the street corner.

Dave in SC

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Transparency is not one of their strong points, but they don't like the rumors ... HUH ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Jeff and I have a mutual friend here, and I have talked with Jeff several times in the past. I was delighted as hell to see him as the ATA president.

I've dealt with Jeff in the past in trapshooting matters and he is one straight, honest gentleman. I support his remark(s) about rumors: there's nothing worst that trying to fight "ghosts."

IMHO.

WW

4. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

WPT

So where is his message and leadership?

Sounds like he would rather have rumors than deal with the issues.

5. shotgunpeople

Whiz,

I don't know the fellow personally, in all probability he is a fine man. I am only asking him to come out with a statement to alleviate all the rumors and misconceptions we see and hear every day, since these rule changes came forward.

What better place to begin a statement than here on TS.COM, where the EC seems to think most of the rumors come from ?

What say Delegates ? Any comments, or am I out to lunch on this ? I was told once by a past President that I was "Elequently Vocal". I'm only trying to help the EC with ideas of "Transparency" to the membership, not taking shots at them.

Dave in SC

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Dave,

I DO know the fellow personally and you're right......He IS a fine man. That said, if and when he makes a statement concerning these matters I doubt it'll be on this forum.

John C. Saubak

Peerless, MT

7. shotgunpeople

Thank You John,

Well I just was thinking this gets a lot of press from shooters, and that TS.COM was one suggestion.

I would be in hopes then that Jeff would give us a "President's Message" on the Official ATA web site then..Surely by now he realizes that there are many stories out there with little substance to substantiate any of them.

I'm hearing too many stories (Rumors), and not getting any real answers..I read the rules change one way, fifteen others read them 15 other ways.

On here, at clubs, the stories are all around the shooting arenas...I'm sure you know what I mean. Clarification from the Pres. would be a good thing, instead of letting this go on and on like it is.

8. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Why would a new ATA President specifically address a few chicken little contrarions on a website full of rumor mongers, bad attitudes, negitive thinking and ATA degradation? What would be the point or net results?

More of the same?eh

Maltz

9. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Good call Maltz............... What's the old saying: "There's a time and a place" and this ain't it.

Surfer

10. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Maltz & Jeff,

So you know Mr. Wagner to think he believes those that are here are, "a few chicken little contrarions on a website full of rumor mongers, bad attitudes, negitive thinking and ATA degradation?"

Really?

Then I understand....

11. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Joe,

I'm sure that Jeff knows Mr. Wagner and BOTH of them are quite capable of speaking for themselves.

John C. Saubak

12. Lyle

Lyle Member

There are a lot of trapshooters that visit this site and I am sure Mr. Wagner reads it too.

Here is what I know of Jeff Wagner. My first trip to the Grand American he put me on his squad without knowing anything about me. He let me store my gun in his trailer, he let me come in out of the rain, he let me take a snooze in his recliner and also let me come in out of the heat. (He extended this hospitality not only to me, but to two of my friends as well) He treated me like he had known me for several years. He introduced me to his family and they treated me well too.

My second trip to the Grand he put me on his squad again. He treated me just as he had the first time.

I was in North Dakota during their Roughrider Shoot and he squadded me with him again. He did this so I would have someone to squad with.

So, I know him to be a very smart and good man. Knowing this, I will not participate in the rumors being spread. I would have to see for a fact that he has screwed up royally before I would ever believe it.

Lyle

13. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Thanks Lyle,

No disrespect to Mr. Wagner intended here or towards anyone else but it would be nice to have as the OP stated "clear" information.

14. shotgunpeople

That's all I was looking for from Mr. Wagner. I was not trying to disrespect him.

Rumors about Rules, and the move timeline and reasons could be alleviated.

Sorry I even brought it up.

Let the rumors fly, at this point I guess it doesn't matter to me. Like always, Infomation on a "Need to Know" basis, and the membership doesn't need to know.

BUT don't preach "Transparency" to this guy any more !!!

Just another pee-on, Dave

15. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Well said Maltz..

I know Jeff personally.. and I can assure you that he would not hesitate to talk to anyone or have problems explaining anything he does and why he did it. (you have the right to not agree with him.. but he would explain it)

Right or wrong.. at least he's trying something new to see if it will help! Might not work.. but then it might. Only way to find out at this point is to give it a chance.

Jerry B.

16. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

OK Malt...

Like you said he wont have "problems explaining."

So where is the explanation?

Show it to me Malt. You can't because there is no transparency. I don't see any statement. Haven't heard any either.

It sounds as if you are representing him. Is it him that calls the shooters here "chicken little contrarions on a website full of rumor mongers, bad attitudes, negitive thinking and ATA degradation?" Were you representing him when you said that?

Do either of you want to clear that up?

You sure have helped!

17. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

I don't know Jeff, but know his reputation. Admire his commitment to youth shooting, and see the success. If he puts the same level of commitment into the ATA, we have a winner. Thereto, we have some already calling for information and definition that he may have less to do with than those making the request.

This jump on the ATA mentality here is pervasive, and without merit in most cases. Ax grinding by some that have no tree to cut. All in the name of saving an organization that was designed for the most avid and competitive trapshooters in the game. Some of those not willing to acknowledge there level of participation or investment. The chicken littles, internet anglers, deceivers and trouble makers. If your not part of the game, get out. At least shut the ***k up. Your trapshooting life is irrelevant and likely miserable. We need your opinion like another cavity.

Maltz

18. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Joey I have a problem understanding why any shooter would owe you any explanation or anything else for that matter.

If you just have to know why don't you do your own leg work & give Mr Wagner a call. I've yet to see much from you other than whining & complaining.....why don't you look for a new sport?

19. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

namesjoe....almost forgot. Who gave you the authority to scrutinize or critisize the ATA? What is your problem? You seem to have some unwritten precedent to access the ATA's internal affairs. Watchdog or just boohoo, no dog in the fight. You want to be significant without meeting requirements. Your arrogance is overwhelming. Your opinion irrelevant. For a real chanllenge, go try to fix the government. Results will be much the same.

Maltz

20. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Maltz and Hunter,

It is about transparency to us the members. Pee-ons as Dave said. No one in this thread criticized the ATA. The thread is about transparency as the OP stated.

Old Cowboy said Mr. Wagner is capable of speaking for himself.

The EC recently overruled the BD on our handicap system and added new categories. This is a great opportunity for him to speak for himself.

You labeled those members asking for clarification as "chicken little contrarions on a website full of rumor mongers, bad attitudes, negitive thinking and ATA degradation?" Is that how Mr. Wagner feels?

Here's to the new transparency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jeff wagner ata