1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The finest vehicle for recreational use I have ever ridden in or driven

An american company finally put one in the 10 ring

regards from Iowa

Gene

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ach, Himmel Vas ist Das? A Cherman Engine? Shock Kraft Noch Mal!

Now if they would just make the diesel fuel cheaper like before.

HM

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The Jeep is a poorly built car that has a high repair rate. Then add the cost of fuel??? Not very attractive to me

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Had a friend run out to buy the Diesel . Very poor milage 18-19 at best also cost for oil is way high ,

ALF

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

GM ford Chrysler keep putting cars out that need big ticket repairs @ 30 40K Thank you, your independent repairman.

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Was told (by an owner) that the new Jeep Diesel is useing a special oil only available at Jeep . If not used no Warranty ?? My buddy said his first oil change cost him $112.00 .

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Now the Jeep Liberty engine was a POS - from Italy and old technology

This one is the Mercedes engine and transmission

The Grand Cherokee actually gets 24 or so on the highway and can tow 7500 pounds

Cherokee is also rated well in repairs

When you drive one with and without this engine-- the one with the diesel rides much smooter and is very quiet-

mine gets 20 combined

Nissan and Jeep are using someone elses synthetic but any oil that matches that spec is warranty approved

8. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

"Nissan and Jeep are using someone elses synthetic but any oil that matches that spec is warranty approved "

Absolutely correct. I have seen this argued on a couple diesel sites before and finally asked the stealership about my diesel and oil. The diesel tech told me that if the oil you use meet the specifications set by the factory then the warranty has to be honored.

If a company says you absolutely have to use their oil to honor the warranty, then they should be giving it away for free.

9. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

My BMW Z4 uses special oil also, 12,000 miles between oil changes and BMW does give you all your oil changes and other maintenance free for the first 5 years 50K miles. It truly is bumper to bumper. My 5 years ran out sooner than the 50K but I still like their service.

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just a thought, how much more did the diesel option cost in the Grand Cherokee? what is the price difference between reg unleaded & diesel in your area ? If you drive less than 20 k miles ayear . how many miles do you have to drive before break even is reached? this why many people haven't jumped on the diesel & or hybrid band wagon. How much more mile is the diesel really costing you?

Lou

11. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Y'all really really need to open your minds very badly....automotive technology is getting better all the time and the upgrades and changes to specific brands and models is happening in astounding leaps and bounds....don't judge next years entry on last years horse....and we all know where assuming gets us, right??
    Wait and see how they do after a few miles have passed..it sounds like this may be one terrific SUV,..give it a chance..most of all ..don't buy into the biased BS of the car rags

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.