1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeanne Assam Got it right! Very cool Lady!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BustClays, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BustClays

BustClays Member

She stopped the guy in Colorado Springs before he killed many, many more church goers. Here's what she said,

"I heard shots fired, there was chaos," she said. "There was a lot of people in the church. People were running away from shots fired.

"I saw him coming through the doors, and I took cover, and I waited for him to get closer...I identified myself, engaged him, and took him down."

She prayed the the Holy Spirit would guide her hands as she aimed her weapon.

Bustclays

2. thespan

thespan TS Member

Amen, and Halleluia!

Sadly the MSM will try to demonize her and make the shooter into a saint.

Disgusting and tragic.

Regards,

Peter Greenspan

3. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Woman is a bona fide hero. Here ia a link with a little more of the story. Jake

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Here's an article from the Denver Post. Gives a good perspective of the whole situation. Jim

Vet lauds female guard who felled gunman

By Kieran Nicholson

12/10/2007

Larry Bourbonnais, a combat-tested Vietnam veteran, said it was the bravest thing he's ever seen.

Bourbonnais, who was among those shot by a gunman Sunday at New Life Church, watched as a security guard, a woman later identified as Jeanne Assam, calmly returned fire and killed the shooter.

"She just started walking toward the gunman firing the whole way," said Bourbonnais, who was shot in the arm. "She was just yelling 'Surrender,' walking and shooting the whole time."

Bourbonnais, 59, had just finished up a hamburger in the cafeteria on the sprawling church campus when he heard gunfire, he recalled.

He headed in the direction of the shots as frightened people ran past him looking to escape to safety.

"Where's the shooter? Where's the shooter?" Bourbonnais kept yelling, he recalled.

Near an entryway in the church, Bourbonnais came upon the gunman and an armed male church security guard who was there with his gun drawn but not firing, he said.

Bourbonnais said he pleaded with the armed guard to give him his weapon.

"Give me your handgun. I've been in combat, and I'm going to take this guy out," Bourbonnais recalled telling the guard. "He kept yelling, 'Get behind me! Get behind me!' He wouldn't hand me his weapon, but he wouldn't do anything."

There was an additional armed security guard there, another man, who also didn't fire, Bourbonnais said.

Bourbonnais yelled at the gunman to draw his attention, he said.

"First, I called him 'Coward' then I called him 'S---head' " Bourbonnais said. "I probably shouldn't have been saying that in church."

That's when the shooter pointed one of his guns at Bourbonnais and fired, he said.

Bourbonnais ducked behind a hollow, decorative pillar and was hit in the arm by a bullet and fragments of the pillar.

At about that moment, Assam, 42, turned a corner with a drawn handgun, walked toward the gunman and yelled "Surrender!" Bourbonnais said.

The gunman pointed a handgun at Assam and fired three shots, Bourbonnais said. She returned fire and just kept walking toward the gunman pressing off round after round.

After the gunman went down, Bourbonnais asked the Assam, a volunteer security guard with the church, how she remained so calm and focused.

Bourbonnais said she replied:

"I was asking the Holy Spirit to guide me the entire time."

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Our great MSM here in MN, WCCO, had a whooping 15 seconds of her. All they had to say was she was fired from the Minneapolis PD for being a liar.

I could believe that that was all the bitch could say of her. My wife, who isn't much for watching the news, turn to me and said, "Oh my God"

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'd prefer to believe the Lord works through our hands when asked to help.
    As a surgeon once said.."These are God's hands"

Jim
    Michigan

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

During an interview she said she was former law enforcement but never mentioned on what department. It looks like it was Minneapolis MN and seems she was terminated for ... well that doesn't really matter but has anyone wondered just what type of church needs armed guards and sentries to protect the church?

Now I aint saying its a bad thing cause it was good that they/she was there but just think about it for a moment ... just what type of church needs armed security guards?

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I think they were worried as there had been a recent church school shooting committed by the same man.

9. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

Hi lumper,

"... just what type of church needs armed security guards?"

The type that doesn't have a large portion of the membership carrying their bible and their gun. :)

For those of you in Minnesota, this from Fox News:

"Assam is a former police officer who worked in Minneapolis from 1993 to 1997, but was fired from the department for lying during an internal investigation, Minneapolis police Sgt. Jesse Garcia said Tuesday.

Sgt. John Delmonico, president of the Police Officers Federation of Minneapolis, said police were investigating a complaint that Assam swore at a bus driver while she was handling an incident on a city bus.

"In giving a statement about the incident, she was untruthful and she was fired," Delmonico said. Assam denied that she swore at the driver, but her actions were caught on tape, he said.

The union arbitrated the case and the arbitrator upheld the termination, he said."

I wonder if Sgt. John "The Mouth" Delmonico could be sued by Ms. Assam for releasing info pertaining to her employment? Isn't that sort of thing covered by privacy laws in many instances?

10. Black Rifle

Black Rifle TS Member

Well here's the latest from Fox. I'm sure glad I don't believe in conspiracies, else I'd be tempted to say that someone is trying to undermine the lovely Ms. Assam's good deed:

"The man who killed four people at a church and missionary training center died of a self-inflicted shotgun wound, police said Tuesday.

Matthew Murray, 24, was struck multiple times by a security officer at New Life Church Sunday but died after firing a single shot at himself, the El Paso County Coroner's Office concluded after an autopsy."

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Regardless of what shot ended the sh@thead's life, what Ms. Assam did cannot be underappreciated. She stopped him cold.

If he shot himseelf after that, so what.

She ended the killing spree.

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

Typical ... just typical bullshit!

She wacked him multiple times and now the media wants to take that honor away from her by saying he shot himself ... that is just bullshit!

13. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Maybe the real hero was the security guards who wouldn't shoot for fear of killing a innocent spectator, and told that yahoo Bourbonnais who was going to "take him out" to stand behind him. That doesn't sound like a coward to me.

14. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

dickgtax,

I am afraid it is going to be a little bit hard to take away from what the lady did but go ahead and try if you insist. I am thinking it is going to make you look a little stupid though.

jim brown

15. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

dickgtax

I just watched the interview she did. If you will take the time to view it yourself then you will realize what a brave person she is and not make comments that the real heros are the men to afraid to do what was totally necessary. This immediate rush to minimize someones actions and question their motives without having the facts is one of the big problems with our society.

16. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Good grief! I don't take anything away from what Jeanne Assam did. I just said that MAYBE the other guy that was maligned by Mr. Bourbonnaise was a hero as well. He said "Get behind me.." not "let me get behind you,"

Most of us on this forum are fairly knowledgeable about firearms. We know how hard it is to control a handgun in a combat situation - and how dangereous it can be to bystanders. However, MAYBE you're not one.

17. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"...just what type of church needs armed guards and sentries to protect the church?
    Now I aint saying its a bad thing cause it was good that they/she was there but just think about it for a moment ... just what type of church needs armed security guards?"

A church with lots of people in it. Much like shopping malls, schools, and universities. Much like the places you may find yourself. Do you actually think murderous felons respect the sanctity of a church??

If you'd ever been in a church, Lumper, you'd know what kind of church needs protection; any kind.

Jeanne is a hero who will be condemned for violating the shooter's civil rights, just watch and see. She'll be vilified in the press, and probably lose her job. I just hope there is a line of business owners waiting to hire her.

"Maybe the real hero was the security guards who wouldn't shoot for fear of killing a innocent spectator" Innocent spectators were already dying, Einstein. Security guards aren't there to act as mobil sandbags, they're there to stop crime, whether it is shoplifting, assault, unrulyness, or homicide. Brave he might have been, but he wasn't doing his job.

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Dicktax,

Only a panty-waist would think that way.

19. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

1500 people died of cancer today. That didn't make the news. No bling.

20. smartass

smartass TS Member

How do you know the exact number of people who died of cancer dope smoker? Are you sure it wasn't 1499? List their names and we'll count them ourselves.

BTW, smokey, 14.3 people died by lightning strikes today. What does any of this have to do with Jeanne Assam being a hero- absolutely nothing. Try not to be such an idiot in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.