1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jaysus! When did XTs go up?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yakimaman, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Was wandering around at Cardinal the last three days and I picked up a brand new Browning XT, factory adjustable comb at Sportsman's Den - that's right, picked it up and then put it back down. $2,925.00. I bought one a year ago for just under $2k -

rm

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

3. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

We have a used XT 32/34 top single combo here for $3800.00. No case
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I bought my adjustable comb 32" XT new at Guns Unlimited about three years ago for just under $2200 and it was on sale. I would day you got a buy.

5. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

And you're lucky to get $1,600 for one a year later.

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Guns Unlimited was selling the Browning XT Combos for Grade 1 for $3795 $3995 for adj comb model.

Golden Clays Model were or are $5295 w/adj comb.

The cheapest I saw XT O/U were $2500.New in box.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I bought one a while back for about $1900 new. I still can't hit anything with it..... But it seems to be a well built gun......

8. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

Just learned how to spell "JAYSUS." Thanks fellas...

9. moman3

moman3 Active Member

Covington Washington (South Seattle area)
    My guess would be because of the recent Earthquake/sumni in Japan where they are made ? Shortage of inventory because of the above too.

I too bought a 32-inch XT Trap w/ adjustable comb for just under $2,100 a few years ago, and was lucky to get some really nice looking wood too.

My worry about ANYthing coming out of Japan now days (for ANY price), would be the fear of radioactive guns. Up here in Seattle, local news is showing photo's of Japan's trash finally showing up on the beaches here. Not sure how much of it is radioactive.

But as an electronics buff, I have two Geiger counters here. Fun to play with, educational, and with the recent Japan situation, might even come in handy.

10. moman3

moman3 Active Member

Covington Washington (South Seattle area)
    When I first got my XT Trap, I couldn't hit crap with it. Now I'm shooting it pretty good. Part of the improvement I think was due to switching to lighter loads in it. Although it's one of heaviest of the Brownings (8.9 Lbs I think), it absorbs recoil fairly well. But I found that by switching to 7/8th's oz loads, my scores and shooting got much much better. I also switched to Carlson extended chokes.

It does shoot a tad high, and so I think what has also helped, is to make a conscious effort to really bury my head down on the stock before each an every stock. Apparently I wasn't doing that very well with this gun before.

I was ready to sell it after the first 6-months/year because I was shooting it so poorly, but now it's been treating me pretty well.

11. deadnout

deadnout Member

i bought a citori xt trap combo 32/34 with m/c stock in jan from guns unlimited $3995.00. great gun. when i first started shooting it i couldnt hit squat. got it fitted and a gracoil ajustable comb kit in it. now im shooting it much better. running 22`s with consistency. only have 2500 rds through. it will get better.

12. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

I bought mine almost four years ago at Kesslerings in Burlington Washington State. 32 inch Golden Clays, factory Gra-Coil, and adjustable comb. $3,900.00 plus our lovely govenors share, two flats of Fiocchi ammo. Right at $4,400.00 out the door. But Kesslerings is known for having a good selection, not bargin prices.

Jim Bradbury

13. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

My XT must shoot about 20/80 as I have to cover the bird and lead through it. It's impossible...... But I can take my Perazzi and run 23-25 all day. I'm going to have an adjustable comb put on it and try it again. This is the first Browning (and I own 16 Browning guns) that I can't hit squat with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.