1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jared Mattsen wins the 1,000 Dbl Marathon - Alaska

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jeff P, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

500 PAIR of doubles (yes, 1000 targets) today in Anchorage. We shot in a fairly steady rain the last 600.

Jared is the UNDISPUTED, UNDEFEATED, REIGNING champion of the event - winning for the 3rd year in a row with a 962 this year.

Of the 20 rounds of doubles shot, he had 4 50 straights and 6 49s.

Sean Bennett recorded his first 50 straight.

The rest of the program was 200 singles and 100 Handicap on Saturday.

Jim Trujillo (our very own OTNOT) was HOA - hanging on to edge Jared by 2 birds.

Jeff Pokorny
    Alaska President

Aren't you pround of me, Jared...not once did I mention your singles or handicap scores!!!

2. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Jeff,

Jared shot so well cuz he hung out with the boys from Texas all week at the Grand!!! Hope to see more of your Alaska bunch next year at Sparta. Clint is the one who is the rising star...See you in Sparta. Way to go Jared!!!!

3. otnot

otnot Active Member

I have to say it was a pleasure to watch Jerod shoot so well with his new gun. Good shooting!

Jim

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Clint is a rising star - he had his first 100 straight in the singles Saturday. And with his old gun, too.

Jared was unbelievable...nothing but ink. All day.

I would have had to shoot 21 full houses PLUS one more station on the 22nd house to have any hope of beating him. In the rain. With a new gun.

God help us when he gets the single barrel figured out

Jared...by the way, you left your vest and glasses at the club. We can mail them up if you'd like.

5. Rx4PainAK

Rx4PainAK TS Member

Thx for posting, jeff. Good shooting again, OTNOT. I've already needled Stubby about not showing up. Maybe next year. Clint and I may be down in September for your next shoot. Clint is aching to shoot his new Kolar down there...

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Be awesome if you guys can make it down.

Though I may not have practiced enough by then to beat either of you...

7. otnot

otnot Active Member

Next year Jared we need to make it worth while by having a little side bet amongst us. I think even Farner and Fleming may shoot it then. Should we make it $100? I will start thinking of the Grand for next year. It would be really fun to put together a team from Alaska. Isn't there a team event down there?

Jim

8. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I'm in for a bet. But I'm gonna need some odds. Or someone to spot me targets.

Maybe you can pair me with a D shooter and add our scores together....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.