1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

jaqua's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blacklab, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacklab

blacklab Member

jaqua

What is the story behind the ATA changing the location of the Central Zone Shoot?

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

3. blacklab

blacklab Member

Is anyone at the ATA talking?

4. blacklab

blacklab Member

Is anyone at the ATA talking?

5. blacklab

blacklab Member

Where is the new location of the Central Zone Shoot?

6. blacklab

blacklab Member

At the last OSTA board meeting, Dennis did not know the answer.

7. BigM-Perazzi

Ok moved from where??

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

to Brittany Park Il.

Don

9. blacklab

blacklab Member

Why? It was their turn in the rotation.

10. perazzi03

perazzi03 TS Member

i heard they are going to shoot two places this year one at jaquas and one in illinois. something about a BOD couldnt get to the grand on monday if he shot at jaquas on sunday

11. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

yes, both Jaqua's and Brittany are CZS sites....

12. BigM-Perazzi

Looks like 4 sites....

13. Terry L A

Terry L A TS Member

Sounds like another "making the rules" as you go. Never had two zone sites in our Indiana, Ohio, Michigan (and recently added Illinois) rotation before but since the ATA officials wanted a Brittany shoot for their personal convenience, why not? No need to consider Jaqua's efforts, feelings or their business! Is Jaqua's still hosting the Central zone or did they tell the ATA to "bag it"? T.L.A.

14. BigM-Perazzi

Still listed on their website.

15. BigM-Perazzi

Heck, there's 9 sites in the West

16. Don S

Don S Member

I believe Neil changed the Central Zone from 4 sites to 3. Now it looks like we are back to 4.

17. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

To all,

You will soon see in the minutes of our last O.S.T.A. meeting that I have been actively working to rectify this situation for the owners of Jaqua's Gun Club. I have had two long phone conversations with Jeff Wagner and one with Frank Rively. I have spoken with Dennis Filo, the Ohio ATA Delegate and with David Price, the Michigan ATA Delegate. The shoot at Brittany Park was added without even so much as a phone call to Jaqua's to let them know. Jaqua's found out from a target vendor in late March that they would be "co-hosting" in our 4 state area. I was told that the Brittany Park shoot was added because Jaqua's was too far from Sparta to allow shooters to attend the Central Zone shoot and then travel to Sparta and be ready to shoot on Tuesday of the Prelim. Grand. I was also told that adding Brittany Park as a host site this year will not effect attendance at Jaqua's. I wonder next year when Michigan hosts if Brittany Park will again be a co-host site due to the distance of Mason MI from the Grand? The unfairness of this situation boggles the mind. Will Ohio and Michigan be allowed to host when it is Illinois turn? I have kept all this information out of this forum in hopes of finding a favorable solution for Jaqua's. I am sad to report that my efforts to this point have been in vain. There is much, much more to this story than what I have explained here. Hopefully the ATA will step up and do what is right. Only time will tell.

Don Cogan
    Director, Ohio State Trapshooting Association

18. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

And they wonder WHY Trap membership is shrinking while Sporting is growing. Sad isnt it.

19. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Jaquas is a great place to shoot.

Cam is soo dang nice, along with the rest of her staff. The breakfast/lunch is fast, always served hot, and darn good quality food. The gun-room is second to none, if you like to see that wood/metal eye-candy??

They have gone through some hard times getting shooter to fill the events in years past (I am told), but the last two years since I've lived in this area have been on the up-swing... And rightfully so!!!

Politically,,,, I do not know enough (ATA that is) to comment what "might be" going on. BUT, if its the same as in our local/State/Federal Government???
    When the time comes,,,, VOTE!!!!!!

I don't like the sound's of what could be going on here, but again, have no first-hand info to base an opinion, other than, JAQUAS is a great place to shoot.

Matt Nicol

20. BigM-Perazzi

DuckDog, thanks for the clarification.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.