1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jaquas says the Ithaca 37 TRAP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

cool, been waiting to see them

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

I wonder why Ithaca does not put pictures, specs and price on their website?

3. oletymer

oletymer Member

Maybe someday is what Ithaca and Downrange always say. They both make great products but don't have a clue as to the importance of the internet for sales.

4. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Click on the camera icons on the left side of the page for pictures on the website URL, above.

With reduced use of pumps in the game, I am not sure how big the market will be for them but that's what they look like.

5. RichinPeoria

RichinPeoria TS Member

Do the M-37 Traps in the pictures have an aluminum rib?, (I hope not)

When I talked to the guys over there at Ithaca they said it would also have a Country Gentleman adjustable pad & recoil reducer too(and aluminum rib).

Im looking for an excuse to buy one of these. I hope they get it right..I really like my (old) M37s. I dont think my should woul put up with the abuse.

6. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Hard to say about the aluminum rib, there's not much info forthcoming on these guns. I am not an expert at all on the new Ohio-made 37's.

I saw a report that they are currently making about 3,000 total 37's a year in Sandusky, with a goal to expand to 10,000. Thats not a lot for a production gun so I wouldn't expect to see a lot of them in circulation, in any variation.

As an example, Miroku has made the Citori for 35 years and hit the 1,000,000 mark, roughly 2,300 guns/month on average; recogizing they would not turn out the same number each month but it gives an idea of the diferences in volume of production.

7. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

too much drop on the comb, like 1 3/4 inch drop

8. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Whatever - it ain't parallel.....

9. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

The wood looks great, and the barrel looks like it has a higher rib than any of the current production trap pumps. I wonder what kind of beads it has on it. It would definitely be fun to shoot. If they priced it competitively with the 870 and BPS, it might keep Ithaca working, especially with the economy the way it is.

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

nice looking gun

wish them well

Gene

11. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

This gun looks great buyt if it gun kicks anything like the model 37 I used as a kid, it won't be a very popular trap gun. I would rather shoot a 500 bird day with an 870 than a 100 bird handicap event with that old 37. I do not think I have shot a gun with as much felt recoil with target loads. Ever! It was too light in my opinion. Hopefully they have added some much needed ballast on the trap model.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.