1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jaquas at Grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shoot em all, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

I was wondering if it was just me or did anyone else notice that they were not doing a lot of dealing at grand. I have bought several guns from them in past and was basically insulted when trying to make a deal on combo at this years grand. I had heard that younger son had taken over. Won't bother them folks any more. Jim W.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

They have good days and bad days. There's some things they like to deal in, and some they don't.

What were you selling, if you don't mind my asking? I've had both scenarios with them, one time or another. Some times they gave me a jolly good deal...and some times, I left thinking I'd never deal with them again.

3. everettjunior

everettjunior TS Member

I personally have bought a lot of guns from Jaquas and will continue to buy guns from them! I expect to pay the price that is on the gun and if I want a better deal it is my job to shop around. Nick has always taken a little off the top of the price when I buy guns there and I would highly recommend them to anyone in the market for a gun.

Everett F. Haley, Jr

4. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Nope they are like a Saturn dealer, the price on the gun is the price. Have seen the price on the same gun go down the next time I went there. But I have never been able to reduce it by haggling. But the price is usually in the ball park.

Rock

Jim

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

therock-Saturn dealer? i had one gun seller tell me his guns were like fair trade items, and he couldn't take a dime off any of his guns. i told him straight out, tell the next guy that line, not me. nothing against jacqua, i never dealt with him, but some of these guys i don't think understand they are not the only people who sell guns. in this day and age, seems to be no loyalty on both sides of the counter.
    steve balistreri

6. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Have dealt a lot with them n the past but they were not offering any good deals that I could see this time. Asked what they could do on a gun. It was used and they had a new price on it. Said it was as low as they could go. Found one NIB for 400 bucks less later.

7. chuckles

chuckles Member

I have bought, sold and traded many many guns with Jaquas, they are top drawer, fair, honest.

Nick is the new generation of Jaquas and he is a very nice and very capable individual to work with.

regards

Chuck

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

You can go to their shop and choose from many new and used guns, You can walk out to the trap field and try any used or test fired gun.

They have a huge facility, staff and grounds, and this translates to a large overhead. If Jaquas shut the doors it would be a major loss to trapshooters.

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

They do not budge on price but are normally spot on what they will sell for

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

What is your original point?? You obviously didn't get what you wanted so therefore they are the bad guys. Why not just accept it for what it was, instead of trashing them on this site. Why not try talking to Nick straight up instead of here, sounds like you are being a little juvenile.

You are in the minority as many people bought guns from them on Sat.(9/30) including me, so they can't be as bad as you pretend them to be. I would love to give them more business.

It always amazes me that when people don't get their way it is always the other persons fault.

Don

11. Timber1

Timber1 TS Member

Ya know....today just might be the day hell freezes over, because for once (get ready) I agree with BIGDON! I have known Nick, George, Cammy, and the whole family for many years and can tell you without a doubt that you will not find nicer or more honest people!! As far as Nick goes; we are hunting buddies and close friends so I have seen him deal with many outside customers in the course of his bussiness and can tell you that he bends over backwards to make people happy. I refer everyone I know to them and would stake my personal word on that. Now......he may be a bit on the femmine mamas boy side, but that in know way effects how he does bussiness!!:):) (sorry just had to say that, didn't want word to get back to him and have his head swell). Earnie Ross III

12. GEB

GEB TS Member

I had the misfortune of having "No Deal Neil" as the salesman, the first time I went to Jaquas in Findley. Instead of helping out a new shooter, he then told me 'no case found in the backroom' for my TM-1 purchase when the tag stated 'clearly' there was a case. I was beat out the P case by him. Then when I was walking out the door to leave, the other salesmen kidded him in front of ME for taking advantage of another one (sucker)! Jaquas=NO WAY! I have read many threads like this about them on TS.com, over the years. You either love'm or have no use for them. Personally, I take all my business elsewhere! Still trying to bust them one at a time! George

13. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I think you were hearing things. Nothing but good sraight up deals from many people. But the price is the price don't even ask.

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

They will take in any trap gun, on trade, any time and offer a fair dealer price, how many dealers have the ability to do that?

15. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I have dealt with Jaqua since he was in a corner of his fathers sporting goods store on the square in Findlay. I have noted that while Bill was never too willing to "deal" his prices were lower than comprarable guns elsewhere. For someone suggest that Jaqua and Elmer Fairchild share anything other than both sell guns is lucicris.

16. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Jim, I think going to the Grand to find a deal is a mistake. I have gone to a few only to come home disappointed. I figured there were no deals or I just wasn't there on the right days. However, I bought a KX-5 and 391 from Dave at Jaquas and he treated me very well on one of my trades and I only felt like I came up about $200 short on another gun I traded. But he was $100 cheaper on the 391 than anywhere else and $200 cheaper on KX-5. So I felt that it was a fair trade.

Remember, you may have something they already have enough of, or it is not that desirable of a gun. I had one that was unique and rare, and I did well on it. The other I traded was a very nice gun and in excellent shape, just not sought after. Good luck on trade ventures, John E.

17. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

I have bought quite a few guns from Jaqua's both in Findlay and at the Grand. I think they are quality people who are quite honest. That said, in the last year or so I think they have increased the margin on the sales and trade in prices. The last time there they wanted to give me $600 for a Grand that they sell for $800. That works out to 25%. I also understand that the prices for the guns for sale (I have never have paid less than their sticker price) are based on what they think they will sell for and not blue book. It appears to me that they are discounting trade in's 25% and then adding that same 25% to the price for sale. Or said another way, they are making 25% coming and going.

Again, these are good, honest, people who are trying to make a living in the gun business. I won't stop doing business there, but am shopping with much more diligence these days.

18. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

I have purchased several guns and other items from Jaqua's over the past 15 years. Nick, Cam and George Ranzua have treated me and my family as though we are a part of their family. When you purchase a gun from Jaqua's you will get a level of service that far exceeds your expectations! On the occasions that I have needed help getting a gun repaired or a manufacturer to stand behind their product, Jaqua's has been right there with me. They do not leave you to fend for yourself after the sale. I enjoy knowing that MY gun dealer will help me handle any problems that I may have with their products. Do you really want to save 100 bucks on a multiple thousand dollar purchase only to find out that your gun dealer can't or will not help you after the sale? Not me.

Don Cogan

19. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I can only say good things about Jaquas . I bought a little used LJutic from Nick after about a year of shooting the gun he gave me my money back on a trade . No deal Neal is alittle different story .

ALF

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I'd hate to count all the guns I've bought or traded at Jaquas. They usually have a great selection, stand behind what they sell, and when you walk in the gun room, you know the price cause it's right on the stock. What more do you want. We are fortunate to have a family business that sells guns and accessories and holds ATA shoots as often as they do. Don't walk away because you had one bad experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.