1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Japanese shotshells?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have seen many guns from japan but never any ammo.. do they make shotshells or just the guns??

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I doubt you will ever see any. Never heard or saw any.

Competition with the Chinese would be suicide.

Regards.....Gerald

3. quartering

quartering Active Member

china makes shot shells? that's funny, i've never seen them in the chinese outlet store, wal mart. good luck with it

4. Busterklay

Busterklay Member

You would never see them...They use all their lead for paint.....lol

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Chinese shotgun shells were sold some years ago in the Los Angeles area.Don't know who imported them but they were sold at Pachmeyers tarp/skeet range.

6. tsuki

tsuki TS Member

I'm a Japanese shooter.
    Most of shot shells in Japan are US or EU brand. WinAA, Rem gunclub, Rio, Fiocchi, Kemen are pretty common.
    There is only one (or two) domestic shot shell plant, but I believe their price are too high to export to outside Japan. We usually pay around $100+ for any brand one 12GA case.

Unfortunately, we can't reload shotshell because of material cost and law issue.
    Reloading cost is much higher than factory ammo. Shot bag (25lb) cost is over $100, Wads/Powder/Primer probably at least 4~5 times higher than US,
    and we can't keep them many in house. i.e, Maximum storage of ammo by law is 800pcs. I wished it's a bad joke...

Celil thanked this.
  7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Thank you for the first hand information, this site is great.

From what I understood, it's expensive to buy shotgun and rifle in Japan too. Can you keep them at home?

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

tsuki, Thank You for the update of shooting in your country!!! Its always good to hear of shooters in other parts of the world that enjoy the shooting sports. I am glad to hear that the shooting sports are alive and hopefully doing well over there. Are there many shooters at your club? Break-em all. Jeff

9. tsuki

tsuki TS Member

Steve,

Yes, this site is great. I've been getting many good information from here.

As you know, guns are expensive in Japan. Maybe 50%~200% higher than US price.
    We can buy shotguns and rifles, but pistols (include CO2 BB gun!).
    We can keep them at home, but must keep in gunsafe. Ammo, too.
    If police found the gun which is not in the safe, they took guns and license.

10. tsuki

tsuki TS Member

Jeff,
    Thank you for your kindness. I hate to say but there are not many shooters in Japan. Some shooting ranges were closed this year. Complaint of pollution, Noise issue, Labor cost, and Severe gun control year by year. Same as other countries.
    But! we don't give up!

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

tsuki, we have the same problems here as well. Maybe not so much with the gun control Yet! We have a few clubs close every year with little to no new ones opening to take there places. If we all can teach just 2 people to shoot and enjoy the sport we can grow. Shoot strait and often. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

japanese shotshells

shotshells in japan