1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

JAPAN QUAKE TSUNAMI watch 10pm for West coast

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ahab, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

West Coast tsunami turned out to be a non event!

2. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Tsunami is the Japanese term used for waves induced by earthquakes -- they can be anything from a few inches to hundreds of feet in height. The more distance from the epicenter, the lower the tsunami.

Any earthquake centered in or near Japan that produced a signigicant tsunami on the West Coast of the USA would more than likely have dropped Japan into the Pacific and hammered most, if not all, the islands in the Pacific.

Chicken Little lives.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

News reports 3 people swept out to sea while trying to take pictures in Northern Ca, 2 rescued, one died.

Chcken little is having human for dinner.

HM

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

DB Bill--actually it is the wave created by Earthquakes or Volcanic Eruption

The original Japanese term literally translates as "harbor wave. ...

Scientists have now also linked "Tsunami's" with non earthquake and Volcano spawned landslides.

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Looks like 1 of their nuclear reactors is going into a core melt down.

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Now there report 2 reactors are out of control with heat and pressure build up. Seems they blow smoke up the asses of their people too, as they reported there is no danger to the people surrounding the reactors.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The guys that were swept out to sea trying to photo the Tsunami have to be some of the most ignorant on Earth. They were warned but didn't listen. Lucky only one died. I mean really?? How stupid do you have to be? Bet they got some great shots of their buddy drowning. Stupid stupid stupid. I feel for the family having lost a loved one but jeeezzzz....

8. cafowler

cafowler Member

CA takes any Tsunami warning seriously, since the town of Crescent City was commpletely leveled about 30 years ago. I believe the wave that hit Crescent City or S Oregon this morning measured 4' but predicted to be 7', not a non-event by any means.

About 8am on my way to work, they were evacuating Santa Cruz, Half Moon bay, and they held BART trains in the east bay, kept them out of the transbay tube for some reason. I'd heard all of Crescent City was evacuated as well. If you lived in any of those towns and had to fight the major traffic jams up over the hill this morning, or woke up at 6 am to Tsunami alarms, it probably was a big event. The wave they are showing tonight that hit Santa Cruz at 9am looked like about 4' as well. It overturned and destroyed 30 boats/docks. The surge in/out is still occuring tonight and a Tsunami warning is still in effect.

I agree the guy who died was probably not the brightest. He was at the mouth of the Klammath River waiting to take pictures of the "non-event" Tsunami, and and the swell washed him out to see. The national news just now said he was still lost, but I heard on the radio on the way home they had recovered the body this afternoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.