1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Japan 1 - Animal Rights Wackos 0

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

There was a big hubbub a couple months back, when this wacko enviro-pirate group unveiled a new high tech carbon-fiber speedboat it was going to use to harass Japanese whaling ships.

Yesterday, the sumbitch got sunk!

Snicker, snicker...you gotta love it.

2. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Good riddence to bad rubbish.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Give us your take on the whaling industry, buzz.

HM

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Buzz, Ya, tell us all about what the Jap's are doing right........

5. EE

EE Banned User Banned

If these same enviro-whackos were trying to shut down your trap club due to lead, noise, or whatever, what would you say? It's the same kind of people.

EE

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

My take is that the Japs, whether you personally like what they do or not, are being harassed by orgs. funded by animal-rights supporters like Bob Barker who donate money to them.

People who should be smart enough to know what happens when you park your little boat in front of a large, moving ship.

So that is enough to brighten my day, any day.

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Just who do you think the International Maritime Court is going to side with? I'll bet it's going to cost the Japanese big time. It was sailing under the guise as a science vessel.

Whales are one of those critters that shouldn't be hunted.

ss

8. EE

EE Banned User Banned

"Whales are one of those critters that shouldn't be hunted."

So who decided that? There are some folks who say whitetail deer shouldn't be hunted. And doves, and wolves, and king crab, and the list goes on.

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

EE,

Just in case you forgot,

[​IMG]

ss

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

EE,

I'm shocked!

Are you saying that Hollywood celebrities, Animal Planet, Sean Penn, Bob Barker, and Martin Sheen aren't the ultimate authority and don't determine these matters for the rest of the world?

Because, well, I mean...the producers of Animal Planet tell me otherwise?

Puzzled,

Buzzy

(PS - please clear this up for me quickly, because me and the wife are scheduled to go attend a "Steve Irwin memorial scuba safety class" right after the "Pierce Brosnan Save the Earth" rally today).

11. Cowboy1

Cowboy1 TS Member

Buzz-gun, I'm not a big fan of Sean Penn, but then again, I'm not a big of you.

I'm okay with disliking UNLAWFUL COMMERCIAL whaling. We're not talking about ma and pa here.

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

Oh boy, it looks like we have a lot of brainwashed Steve Irwin Animal Planet fans here...(time to go searching for a photo of a fishing boat)...

13. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

What are the odds these days that in all the millions of square miles of ocean that one ship would sail right in front of another?? looks like it got what it wanted..

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

Which is to say, Publicity - with footage no doubt to be aired on an upcoming episode of Animal Planet, for consumption by millions of brainwashed Steve Irwin fans (and their little munchkins).

- That is, unless the camera footage reinforces the Japanese side of the story - in which case, you'll never see it.

(Ever wonder why you never see mention or coverage of hunters' conservation efforts on Animal Planet? Hmm...)

15. EE

EE Banned User Banned

You got it, blkcloud.

So, ss, you can't defend your position (can't even make an attempt) so you resort posting cartoons that imply name-calling? Really?

buzz, are you wearing your fur coat to the rally? What was it, mink, seal, arctic fox, what?

EE

16. crusha

crusha TS Member

EE, I'm going to wear my ball cap with KFC on the front of it (lol).

But seriously - I'd like to see someone ask the producers of Animal Planet what animals _should_ be allowed to be hunted...and then listen to the sound of crickets chirping in response.

17. EE

EE Banned User Banned

The funny part of this incident is that this boat that was sunk was designed and built specifically to *disable* the fishing ships by pulling cables through their propellers. Poetic justice.

EE

18. crusha

crusha TS Member

I also understand that the Jap fleet has their own "security" ships, one of which this particular wacko boat decided to place themselves in front of.

Ouch.

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I don't know enough to take a clear position here.

I am unaware of any really necessary products from whaling. Blubber is not very tasty if you ask me. Crap they use to make perfume don't count.

I believe the whale population is very low. But if Al Gore told me that I would go buy a custom harpoon.

I also do not want to be a bunny hugger. ( I am a bunny EATER).

So since there is no management of this resource I think maybe it should be addressed. I know several countries abandoned whaling, but our Pearl Harbor friends continue.

Still on the fence, but leaning toward "Save The Whales"

HM

20. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

In one of the many articles that are listed on the site that Buzz posted. I found this statement

"However, Mr Inwood said the allegations were "a complete fabrication".

"The Ady Gil was at fault for the collision, he said. "You can see from video evidence that he puts the engines full steam ahead. He went into the path of the Japanese boat, and he came off second best""

Mr. Inwood being the spokesmen for the New Zealand protesters.

IMO this is no different than the Somalian Pirates. If you attack another ship no matter what the reason should you expect them to then heave to and assist you whan you get yourself in trouble?

There is enough environmental work in the world without putting you vessel in danger and trying to blame the other guy for your stupidity.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.