1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

January issue Trap and Field

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sharks, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharks

sharks TS Member

Here it is Jan.11 and I have not received the issue of Trap and Field. I live just on the outside of Indpls where it is published at and a friend of mine who lives in Kentucky received his last Friday. How can this be? Getting frustrated!

2. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

I'm in California and it showed up yesterday.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I got mine today here in Iowa but my question is why can't they be mailed in a way that the cover and half the pages don't get torn up. 3rd magazine in a row that's ripped up.

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

My Shotgun Sports came late. I called them, and they sent me an issue that arrived promptly outside of the subscription mailing. The Jan issue did not arrive through Jan. 10. They suggested I call my local post office. Will do so when I return from this road trip. SG Sports handled my complaint very well.

Hope this helps. Oh, IMO, it's a good magazine, but the economic times hurt it due to, I imagine, not enough advetisers so it sometimes is scanty with articles.

What does Trapshooting USA offer that's different? I like to see a copy of that one too and subscribe.

5. geeber

geeber Member

Chango2,
    You can go to this website, www.trapshootingusa.com and view the previous issues of Trapshooting USA in their entirety. I am a subscriber and I think it is a great magazine. The only reason I still get Trap & Field is for the local club results. I can see who's winning back home. Gary B.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

That website is great. HMB

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Must be the monthly let's trash Trap and Field time. It and the magazine come at the approximately the same time every month. Now put your brain on for a minute - All the mags go to the Post Office at the same time but it's T&F fault when they arrive. And of course they rip your mag before they mail it to a select few.

Don

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Don...Who keeps lighting your tampon string on fire????.

I fail to see where I accused T&F of ripping my magazine on purpose.. Virtually every other magazine I subscribe to comes in a wrap to protect it and my comment it was just a observation, maybe if the right people saw it they would be aware of a problem they didn't know existed.....

9. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Mine came yesterday (Michigan) and yes it was torn and about the first 15 pages were bent and folded. They could at least tape the damn thing together.

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Got mine on time and in pristine condition.

Maybe the USPS delivery person failed to notice your Xmas tip????

Curt

11. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

I received My first issue of Trap and Field on the 10th. I sent an e-mail last week to the magazine and was told if it did not come by the 17th to contact them again. I have been getting Trapshooting USA for two years now.Every issue arrives two weeks before the first month of it's cylce. Can someone tell me is this January issue typical of the monthly Trap and Field magazine? I was expecting a lot more than what is in this issue. I was hoping that there would be more articles like there is in Trapshooting USA, not all the various statistics. Don't get me wrong I like to see the stats too. If the rest of the issues are like this I will not be renewing my subscription.
    JB

12. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Mine came 10 days EARLY this month...

Recieved it Monday the 10th...

13. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

If I had to pick between the two ,,yes I take both,,I would still have to go with Trap and Field ..Trap and field gives much more information about shootsabout the country,MX8Dave

14. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

When I go out and slog through 12"+ of blowing and drifting snow to the mailbox, I'll let you know if it came today! NH and all of New England getting Whacked pretty good today FC!

15. Conn. Man

Conn. Man Member

My Jan. issue came 1/13/11,might have come yesterday but no RFD because of snow storm.

Sandy Holehouse

16. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

BigDon,

If my copy arrives and it's not torn I just tear the cover for good measure. Wouldn't want anyone down at the post office to get in trouble for delivering mail intact! LOL

17. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Mine came so long ago that I am ready for the next issue!! Terry gives Keith some early issues and, because I entertain and put up with his guff at the Grand, Iowa, etc, Keith sends me an early issue. (If you believe that junk, I have some beach space left if the Yukon Territory--LOL)..........merlyn

18. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I got mine about a week ago. The funny thing is I got a Dec Mag and not a Jan Mag.
    [​IMG]

19. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Likes to shoot, call them they will send you a new one, they have for me in the past. What happened to your thread on the the gun club and lack of communication. Would like to see again

20. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

My 18 month old granddaughter Maddie carries my Dec. issue around when she visits, smacks the top left picture and says "bad man." I love it. Harv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap and field january