1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jan 01, 2008

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by W.P.T., Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Arizona will be the first state to have employee sanctions in place to pull the business liscense of any and all business's that hire Illegals as of Jan.01, 2008 ... The Illegals are gathering on the streets in protest and were to march on city hall today but only a few showed up to support their cause ... The sanctions include stiffer fines and penalty's for hiring the Illegals ... I guess someone finally figured out the meaning of the word "Illegal" and are about to start doing something about it ... The only thing thats going to work is "Open Season" which will get them Illegals on the run back south of the border or north into Canada to seek refuge ... This is probably going to take a considerable length of time but doing anything is better than doing nothing ... The news even made the papers in New York who seem to think the people of Arizona are out of their mind in these actions which don't same much for New York ... I don't speak spanish but ADIOS to all of you Illegals and have a safe trip back to where ever you are going ... Merry Christmas to all and that includes the Paco's in the valley also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

WPT.....I don't really have anything to add.......just didn't you to feel lonely!

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Good. Hope the idea catches on like wildfire.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Employee sanctions have been upheld by the Federal Courts, now lets see what happens Jan. 01, 2008 ... This should be interesting to say the least ... I wonder why the MCSO (Sheriff Joe) don't just arrest the protestors who are obviously Illegals when they come out to keep the peace ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"Arizona will be the first state to have employee sanctions in place to pull the business liscense of any and all business's that hire Illegals as of Jan.01, 2008 ..."

I'm wondering (since I don't live in AZ)...

How is the State of Arizona proposing to pay for the battalions of investigators that it will need to monitor each and every business in the State often enough to be sure that they comply and that they remain compliant?

"I wonder why the MCSO (Sheriff Joe) don't just arrest the protestors who are obviously Illegals when they come out to keep the peace ..?

I don't think that illegals aren't dumb enough to protest in person. If they're smart enough to get hold of someone else's SSN they're smart enough to let their "legal" friends do the protesting for them.

Morgan

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The State is very dependent on the public to notify them of possible "Illegals" in various business's ... This will no doubt take sometime to shake the bugs out of the means or processing and follow up proceedures but so far its the only game in town ... Your assuming that the Illegals themself are not out protesting and I am assuming that they are becuase most of the Mexican population of the area who are here legally don't want the Illegals here either for the most part ... One way or the other this will be interesting to see how it turns out ... The bleeding hearts will always be there protesting for what they consider to be the under dog and not take into consideration the effect they have on the social systems that are in place for American Citizens so the beat goes on ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Didn't I read the the "Sooners" have done the same thing in their state?

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Mayor of Phoenix, the States Attorney's Office, Maricopa County Sheriff's Dept, ICE, United States Border Patrol, as well as most of the local Departments are all pushing and promoting this so maybe by some slim chance it will become a progressive movement by the American Public for the betterment of the United States ... Once the Illegals see the games and time for talking is over and done with maybe they will take the hint and get the Hell out of Dodge ... We can only hope, so cross your fingers and pray ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. oletymer

oletymer Member

They will probably all go to California. That liberal state deserves them.

10. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Won't have much effect. You say why? It only took a minute and a google search to confirm that you left out the word "KNOWINGLY".

Good luck. I hope it works

11. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

What is grammie's take on all this happening in his back yard? Grammie?

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I got an E Mail from a friend who found this article in the USA Today News Paper, not sure when ...

Illegal immigrants leaving Arizona
    Updated 3d 10h ago | Comments1,145 | Recommend87 E-mail | Save | Print |

Enlarge By Chip Somodevilla, Getty Images

Wearing plastic handcuffs and waving U.S. flags, youth pastor Magdalena Schwartz of Mesa, Ariz., left, prayed with others outside a Senate office building to protest measures criminalizing clergy who aid undocumented immigrants in March '06. Illegal immigrants are leaving Arizona because "they don't want to live in fear," Schwartz said.

Enlarge By Tom Tingle, The Arizona Republic

The Rev. Glenn Jenks, right, talks with men waiting for work outside the Good Shepherd of the Hills Episcopal Church in Cave Creek, Ariz., in August. However, new state laws come down hard on employers who hire illegals, sending many undocumented workers elsewhere.

Digg del.icio.us Newsvine Reddit FacebookWhat's this?PHOENIX (AP) — Illegal immigrants in Arizona, frustrated with a flagging economy and tough new legislation cracking down on their employers, are returning to their home countries or trying their luck in other states.
    For months, immigrants have taken a wait-and-see attitude toward the state's new employer-sanctions law, which takes effect Jan. 1. The voter-approved legislation is an attempt to lessen the economic incentive for illegal immigrants in Arizona, the busiest crossing point along the U.S.-Mexico border.

And by all appearances, it's starting to work.

"People are calling me telling me about their friend, their cousin, their neighbors — they're moving back to Mexico," said Magdalena Schwartz, an immigrant-rights activist and pastor at a Mesa church. "They don't want to live in fear, in terror."

VOTING: Not on government database? Some in Florida can still register
    TO THE NORTH: Mustangs enlisted in U.S.-Canada border patrols

Martin Herrera, a 40-year-old illegal immigrant and masonry worker who lives in Camp Verde, 70 miles north of Phoenix, said he is planning to return to Mexico as soon as he ties up loose ends after living here for four years.

"I don't want to live here because of the new law and the oppressive environment," he said. "I'll be better in my country."

He called the employer-sanctions law "absurd."

"Everybody here, legally or illegally, we are part of a motor that makes this country run," Herrera said. "Once we leave, the motor is going to start to slow down."

There's no way to know how many illegal immigrants are leaving Arizona, especially now with many returning home for normal holidays visits. But economists, immigration lawyers and people who work in the immigrant community agree it's happening.

State Rep. Russell Pearce of Mesa, the author of the employer sanctions law, said his intent was to drive illegal immigrants out of Arizona.

"I'm hoping they will self-deport," Pearce said. "They broke the law. They're criminals."

Under the employer sanctions law, businesses found to have knowingly hired illegal workers will be subject to sanctions from probation to a 10-day suspension of their business licenses. A second violation would bring permanent revocation of the license.

Nancy-Jo Merritt, an immigration lawyer who primarily represents employers, said her clients already have started to fire workers who can't prove they are in the country legally.

"Workers are being fired, of course," she said. "Nobody wants to find out later on that they've got somebody working for them who's not here legally."

When immigrants don't have jobs, they don't stick around, said Dawn McLaren, a research economist at Arizona State University who specializes in illegal immigration.

She said the flagging economy, particularly in the construction industry, also is contributing to an immigrant exodus.

"As the jobs dwindle and the environment becomes more unpleasant in more ways than one, you then decide what to do, and perhaps leaving looks like a good idea," she said. "And certainly that creates a problem, because as people leave, they take the jobs they created with them."

Pearce disagreed that the Arizona economy will suffer after illegal immigrants leave, saying there will be less crime, lower taxes, less congestion, smaller classroom sizes and shorter lines in emergency rooms.

"We have a free market. It'll adjust," he said. "Americans will be much better off."

He said he's not surprised illegal immigrants are leaving the state and predicts that more will go once the employer-sanctions law takes effect next month.

"It's attrition by enforcement," he said. "As you make this an unfriendly state for lawbreakers, I'm hoping they will pick up and leave."

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

This is a copy of a second E Mail that I got from the same friend and is a continuation of the previous article ... "ENJOY"
    WPT ... (YAC) ...

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Mexican illegal immigrant Lindi sat down with her husband Marco Antonio in the weeks before Christmas to decide when to go back to Mexico.

ADVERTISEMENT

She has spent three years working as a hairdresser in and around Phoenix, but now she figures it is time to go back to her hometown of Aguascalientes in central Mexico.

"The situation has got so tough that there don't seem to be many options left for us," Lindi, who asked for her last name not to be used, told Reuters.

The couple are among a growing number of illegal immigrants across the United States who are starting to pack their bags and move on as a crackdown on undocumented immigrants widens and the U.S. economy slows, turning a traditional Christmas trek home into a one-way trip.

In the past year, U.S. immigration police have stepped up workplace sweeps across the country and teamed up with a growing number of local forces to train officers to enforce immigration laws.

Meanwhile, a bill seeking to offer many of the 12 million illegal immigrants a path to legal status was tossed by the U.S. Congress, spurring many state and local authorities to pass their own measures targeting illegal immigrants.

The toughening environment has been coupled with a turndown in the U.S. economy, which has tipped the balance toward self deportation for many illegal immigrants left struggling to find work.

"It is still just a thought, although we are preparing to leave," said Ernesto Garcia, a carpenter from Caborca in northwest Mexico, who stood in line at the Mexican consulate in Phoenix this week for paperwork that will allow him and his family to resume their lives south of the border.

PACKING THEIR BAGS

There is no tally of the number of illegal immigrants who have already left the United States, many of whom simply head south over the border with their belongings packed into a car during the annual Christmas exodus, or board scheduled flights for other destinations.

Mexican consular sources in Phoenix say they are seeing a spike in the number of immigrants applying for Mexican citizenship for their U.S.-born children, which will allow them to enroll in schools in Mexico.

They are also seeing a rise in requests for papers enabling families to carry household belongings back to Mexico, free of import duties.

Members of the Brazilian community in the U.S. northeast, meanwhile, say they are starting to see an increase in the number of illegal immigrants heading back to their homes in Brazil in recent months.

"They are beginning to put in the balance the constant fear of being detained and deported, and many are deciding to leave," said Fausto Mendes da Rocha, executive director of the Brazilian Immigrant Center in Boston.

Other returning immigrants cite a slowdown in the U.S. economy as a factor, and the falling value of the U.S. dollar against other currencies, which has eaten into the value of remittances sent to support families at home.

Aluisio Carvalho, 66, left a wife and four children behind in Brazil in 2001 when he set off to find work in Boston. Since then, he has managed to pay for the education of his children by working in a restaurant, but is now planning to leave himself in February

"Salaries are really low, and living costs are high. We also face too much exploitation at work here, too many demands," he said.

MOVING WITHIN THE UNITED STATES

While some illegal immigrants are simply self deporting, others are moving within the United States to avoid federal immigration raids and pro-enforcement measures passed by a patchwork of state and local authorities.

Among them are undocumented immigrants in Marshalltown, Iowa, where Mexicans and Central Americans workers at a Swift & Co meatpacking plant were arrested during coordinated immigration raids across six states a year ago that netted hundreds of employees.

Moses Garcia, a U.S. citizen who came from Mexico 18 years ago and knew many of the families affected by the 2006 raid through his church and real estate work, said most of the workers have left to other states, not back to Mexico.

"They feel like they are not welcome here," Garcia said. "They go to Minnesota, Atlanta, Nebraska, California."

In Arizona, where some specially trained sheriff's deputies already enforce immigration laws and a new state law sanctioning businesses hiring undocumented workers is due to come in to effect January 1, many illegal immigrants are eyeing a move to states they see as less hostile.

Among them is day laborer Fernando Gutierrez who trekked illegally into the desert state 18 months ago from Mexico, and is now thinking of joining a cousin working in Oregon in the Pacific northwest.

"Everyone lives in fear of the police stopping you for some minor infraction and then asking for your papers," Gutierrez said as he touted for work in the chill morning air at a Phoenix day labor site.

"I want to get as far away from here as possible."

14. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Actually Capitan Morgan, the legal mexicans do not generally like the illeagle ones. I have worked with both of them in the past and I can tell you that they do not like each other. John

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

John,

Your 100% right about that, they have been interviewing some of the legalized Mexicans and they want the Illegals gone as bad or more so than the rest of us ... They have some guy by the name of Reza who is trying to organize all of the Mexican population and none of the legals will follow him and most think he is the to the Mexicans what Jesse Jackson and or Al Sharpton are to the blacks and thats nothing but trouble ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.