1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

James Russell easy hit sight?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shotgunsrus, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunsrus

shotgunsrus Member

Just read about a sight offered by James Russell in his book Precision Trapshooting.Its called the Easy Hit gunsight.Was wondering if there are any owners of this sight out there as its rather pricey at $42.00 with shipping.Was wondering of anyone has one and how they feel about it.Worth the price? Thanks

2. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

loadsemall, Yes I use one, and like it.

For a cheaper price, contact Tom Knapp at www.tomknapp.net.

Tom R.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Don't put to much fath in Russell's books. Read them with a large spoon of salt.

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

My advice is don't buy the Easy-Hit sight unless you need it. That is, if you shoot with both eye and don't have a eye dominance problem, you don't want it.
    It is a nuisance to have to mount the gun and try to look for the fiberoptic bead to appear in the little tunnel. Much easier with a regular (or fiberoptic bead) just to mount the gun, and usually the mid bead tells you right away that you're lined up properly.

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The Easy Hit is a great sight. It is much brighter than the Hi-Viz. It attaches with double stick tape and mounts behind the exising bead. It is easily removed without damage to the rib.

The best price I have found is from Windwalker Outdoors for $21.95 delivered. Click on the link above.

Jim Skeel

6. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Jim, Wish I had known about Windwalker, could have saved $12 with shipping.

I just got another Easyhit a little while ago from Tom Knapp for a new 682.

Tom R.

7. skeeljc

Tom R. Champion Target has them too but for more than Windwalker.

Jim Skeel

8. skeeljc

Tom Knapp has one on his gun in every photo that I have seen. I don't know if he actually sees it when he shoots. Tom probably shoots by instinct like the guy with the longbow says he "becomes the arrow".

Jim Skeel

9. gkinla

gkinla Member

$19.99 at Cabella's. Click on above link. Type in, easy hit sight, in the search window.

gkinla

10. skeeljc

Gamaliel has them for $18.95 but only in the 3mm diameter. There is a 2.5mm version too.

You can get both colors, both diameters and both lengths at www.easyhit-usa.com for $24.99 plus $6.29 shipping.

Jim Skeel

11. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

If you have an adjustable comb and have it raised up much you'll find this sight hard to use. You can't see the fiber optic dot unless you are looking straight down the sight which you can't do with the comb raised.

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

ccw1911 hit on a major weakness of this sight. It does limit stock adjustments that would raise the POI.

Pat Ireland

13. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

I purchased mine from Midway USA for $18.99. I have an adjustable comb and this has not caused any problems with the unit. The comb would have to be raised much higher than I would ever want it, to interfere with the sight on my set up. May be different on your gun.

14. shotgunsrus

shotgunsrus Member

Thanks a lot for all the responses,sure am glad I posted here before sending the $42.00 to Mr. Russell.Now I'm wondering if it will work because I raise my comb for the "caps" and see quite a bit of rib.But at least if it doesnt work out I wont be out as much money.Thanks again....Hugo "Moe" Rinke

15. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I use the small 2 mm diameter Uni-Dot which sounds like a similar product available through Lyman at the website above. I see a fair bit of rib for my POI but have no problem with the Uni-Dot. The Meadow Industries Vari Brite III allows you to see a lot of rib but it is a bigger diameter than the Uni-Dot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ez hit sight rib

james russell trap

james russell trap shooters website

james russell trapshooting