1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jaguar's new green car C-X75

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by mixer, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Here's the tech stuff:

"The new car tips the scales at around 2,970-pounds and is able to hit 62 miles per hour in just 3.4 seconds. That seems awfully fast for a vehicle with only two 96-horsepower micro gas turbines that force fuel into a plug-in li-ion battery back.

Once all that is said and done, there are four electric motors, one for each wheel, that together deliver an outstanding 580kW (778bhp) and 1600Nm (1180lb ft) of torque. Stomp the pedal to the floor and you can hit 205 miles per hour.

The C-X75 can travel up to 68 miles on its battery pack alone, but once the turbines kick in the car can continue traveling for 560 miles."

Eric

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nice wheels

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I don't know anybody that would want one of those.

4. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Those electric motors will get it off the line quick, they make full HP at stall more or less where a gas motor just stalls. The whole thing is a waste of time, money, and effort as far as I'm concerned. We don't need efficient super cars, they aren't driven that much, we need efficient everyday cars that are driven all the time.

oh an no matter how good the specs are for the green jag I'll take a DB9 thank you very much.

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

While I don't know that this useless car could seperate me from old Blue.. My 1990 E-350 Ford Van.. I'd sure love to "borrow" her for the weekend..

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Unrelated story ...

A few years back I was invited to judge a retriever field trial near Chicago. The guy who invited me was a developer who made his money by buying old houses on big lots in the Chicago suburbs, tearing them down, and building fancy big houses on the lots. Anyway he was pretty well off. I told him that I would like to stay a couple of days after the trial so I could drive over to SW Michigan to visit my old neighbors. He said "Sure, why don't you take one of my cars instead of a rental, would you like to take the Jag or the Porsche?". I decided on the Jag convertible. Anyway, when I got over to Michigan, I stayed with one of my old neighbors. When we had moved away their youngest daughter was about six, but now she was about 19, a gorgeous, leggy blond. She wanted to go for a ride in the Jag, so we stopped at the gas station before heading off for a ride. I remember a guy in a BMW pulling a u-turn in the middle of the block so he could pull in behind us. I couldn't decide whether he wanted a better look at the Jag, the blond, or maybe both. We both had a good laugh over it, and so did her folks later.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Great. World's most unreliable green car.

8. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

"Great. World's most unreliable green car." Probably. I had a '67, loved it when it ran, hated it the rest of the time. I think Jag has gotten better or at least more reliable since then.
    As for WS-1, who said he didn't know anybody who would want one of these, man you need a wider circle of friends. The ones you have must all be dead.
    Jag didn't build this as a practical car, just like the XK-E wasn't "practical," but that didn't stop me from buying one. You can always rent a Camry when you need practical...

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The Jag has forever been known as a high maintenance and poor resale car

10. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

No head room, no trunk space, and too hard to get in/out of. Definitely a young person's toy with no practicality other than making a James Bond type movie. ....Rick

11. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Hopefully Lucas was not involved in designing or developing the electrics!

Why do Englishmen drink their beer warm?

Because Lucas also makes refrigerators.

12. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Jaguars have been getting a bad rap for a longt time. The average age of a Jaguar on todays highways is 15 years old. That, in it's self says something
    about reliability

Since Ford has taken over they have become much more reliable. I will say there resale suffers because of all the bad press they use to get. In the 80's
    they had alot of electrical problems. The last 15 to 20 years they have made leaps and bounds in dependibility.

Am I a expert on Jaguars?.... Not by any means. But I presently own 2 Jaguars An XJ8L, and an X-type all wheel drive for the wife and just sold a xj6 so that should give my opinion some credability. Are they high on maintanence. Not really. If you bring them in to the dealership it can be costly. But I try not to bring them to the dealer after the warranty has expired unless it is absolutely a thing that needs to be repaired by the dealer.

Do they ride like a Cadillac .I would say no. They are different rides.The handling of a Cadillac doe's not compare to the handling of a Jag. Driving the Cadillac is like riding in a boat. Driving a Jag is like riding a spirited race horse. Cornering is unbelievable.The engineering is night and day There is no comparison.

Like Pocatello has already said, they sure draw attention.

3dram8, I'm 6'1 and 245lbs and I don't have any problems getting in and out of my Xj8L or Xj6 and I have plenty of head room.. My wife's X-type (alot smaller car) is alittle tight for me to get in and out of but I don't drive it very often. But, I will agree with you, the trunk space isn't the greatest, but I didn't buy the car to haul things around. The trunk space is adequate for my needs.

My mpg on the Xj8L...... highway 23 on my last trip to Boston... 18/19 city

By the way 3dram8, I have no desire to make a James Bond movie either.... :>)

13. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I know a lot of things have changed since, but I had a V-12 XJS in the '80s, the only Jaguar I ever bought against all my friend's advise. They were right.

My happiest days with the XJS were the day I bought it and the day I sold it. It reached a point that every time I insert the key (we use real key back in the '80s) I have to think about if I really want to drive that thing because I don't know if I can make it back.

Have to admit when it behaves itself, it runs like a dream, non of my other German cars could compare. But the price was too high for me, so I sold it.

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

There are pot holes in my town bigger than that little thing.

15. oakridge

oakridge TS Member

I suppose if I painted it camouflage green and put new tires on it, I could take it duck hunting.

16. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

I had 2 Jag U ars in the late 70's a XJ 12L and a XJS. Both were 12 cylinders and both had Luca's electrics. Both were broke all the time. A serious pain in the a... but that said a babe magnet and fun when they ran. Yes I will be willing to put things on hold and make a 007 movie.

Mike

17. Maurice

Maurice Member

n05shooter, Jaguar never made a XK-E, it never existed. They made XK120, XK140, XK160 and the E Type but never a XK-E. So my friend if you owned a JAG. it was an E TYPE and not an XK-E. Maurice ( The Brit. )

18. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Guess it depends on which side of the pond you live... or where the stearing wheel is located....

The Jaguar E-Type (UK) or XK-E (US) is a British automobile manufactured by Jaguar between 1961 and 1975.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

xj6so o camo