1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jacksonville Florida Trapshooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigSkiff, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

Are there any trap shooters in the Jacksonville, FL area looking for a regular practice partner, besides me? The guy I used to shoot with is no longer able to shoot due to financial considerations. I'm looking for someone that wants to get together and shoot/practice once a week on a regular basis. I'm a member at The Jacksonville Gun Club. I can shoot on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Wednesdays are a bit iffy. Send me an email or a pm. Thanks, Bob.

2. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

Wow! 160 views and not one reply. Y'all, I know it's hot out there but there must be someone that wants to shoot. The problem is the practice ranges are all hard wire releases, no voice releases. So, if you want to practice it takes two, one to shoot and one to push the release button.

I go out to the club and wait around sometimes for a couple of hours for someone to show up that wants to shoot trap. We get a bunch of skeet shooters but not so many trap shooters. It's a 100 mile round trip for me to go out there so I hate driving out there and then sitting around hoping someone will show up that wants to shoot.

I would be willing to go to Palatka or to Bunnell also, if anybody there is looking for a partner.

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Bob, sent you a email. Jake Jacobs

4. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Bob, I had the same experience the first time I went to JAX to shoot a practice. No one there except skeeters. I have shot ATA events there since and could not have asked for a better experience. Even won one of the singles events.

Flagler Gun Club shoots every Tues and Sat AM til no more shooters. Nice bunch of guys. I heard that they have installed a token machine on one trap and it can be used almost any day at will. I have not been there for a few weeks because of eye sergury but plan on going Tues of next week. Marc

5. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

Jake, Thanks for the Email I called your number and left a message.

Marc, thanks for the info on Flagler. I've not been there before but will definitely check it out. I hope the eye is better!

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.