1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jacksonville Fl Chain Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by j2jake, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

The Jacksonville Chain is 6-10 Feb 2008. $24.00 targets, $10.00 camping and a feast for a King on Sat. nite. Full program on our web at:www.jacksonvillegunclub.com, click on the trap shell on left side of page. Hope to see you there. Jake

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I cannot resist making a comment on the club.

As a skeet shooter who has shot trap at Jacksonville (both registered and practice), the guys (and gals) that shoot trap at the club have been very welcoming the few times I've walked up the line and participated.

I don't judge clubs on how they perform during registered shoots, as for the most part most have it all together in that respect, but judge clubs on how shooters are treated when a shoot is not taking place.

I've showed up for practice at the club and can say visitors are not ignored and it's easy to strike up a conversation.

Whoever happens to be shooting that day is always happy to add a shooter to the squad. I've seen the person in charge run over and open an additional trap just so shooters did not have to wait around.

I've had the opportunity to talk to relatively new shooters (not ATA) to the sport who have shot Jacksonville and have not yet run into one who said they did not feel welcomed by the trap shooting community.

A club that deserves the support of the trap shooting community and if you cannot attend the chain shoot, maybe another shoot on the the clubs calendar as those who run the trap side of the operation are first class.

4. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

Jake, I understand that the club will shoot some interesting GAMES afer the regular day's shooting. Is that still a possibilty? Don

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

YES,we will turn the light on and have a ball! You name the game and we will give it a try. Lets remember were there to have FUN!

Joe, thanks for the kind words. We try to make everyone feel welcome. Jake

6. Beak

Beak TS Member

Joe - Thanks for the good words. We try and make everyone feel comfortable whether they are members or not. EVERYONE who attends any shoot is a MEMBER of the trapshooting community. I traveled to a gun club (I won't mention the name) out of state, and wasn't even spoken to by my squad mates for the day. I decided that would never happen at our club as long as I had anything to do with it. Ya'll come and enjoy the fun time and eats during the chain - you won't be sorry. Thanks again for the plug Joe. Ron "Beak" Raizis.

7. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Shot there a couple years ago when I was down in Daytona for my annual March pilgrimage. I was made to feel welcome when I knew absolutely NO ONE. Nice bunch of folks. I wish they were shooting when I'm down there this year.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

8. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

9. Beak

Beak TS Member

Yes Paul, the wife has been going through chemo for the past year and has about 5 more months till completion. I got in a motorcycle wreck avoiding a car that pulled out in front of me. Fractured c-4 and t-8 in spinal column. I shot 50 this past week and managed to break only 41. There is no A shooter here for a while!! We will miss you at Jax. Hope everything goes OK. Beak

10. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

11. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

12. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

Is this THE TAL (Charlie's associate). Hope so, it'll be good to see you.
    Don Kerce

13. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

No snow in the forecast. Should have nice weather. Have a safe trip down. Jake and crew!

14. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

15. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Hope yall come! Jake

16. Baber

Baber TS Member

17. Baber

Baber TS Member

18. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

Are the scores for this shoot listed anywhere?

Chad

19. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I don't believe so. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.