1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jackpots today at Minneapolis GC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Start at 10 AM. Balmy day for us. mid 40s at noon, following winds. Shoot early, shoot often.

See ya there.

2. Brayburn

Brayburn TS Member

Have a good day Jack, we have got rain and fog and temp is 11 degrees right now and the forecast is giving a bit of snow for tonight. Regards Philip

3. dward

dward Member

Won't make this weeks shoot, but should be back next Saturday.

I'm down in Florida and went out fishing yesterday and we caught a 200lb Goliath Grouper. My son Zane and I were out fishing when we caught the big fish. They are protected fish so we didn't want to pull it out of the water, and we had to let it go, but man could it fight. Zane had hooked into one the day before, but he couldn't do a thing with it as his pole wasn't heavy duty enough. So if you look in the picture you'll see two rod tips as Zane hooked our two stoutest poles to one big swivel, and then had 225lb cable going to a huge hook. So we ended up "tag teaming" the fish.

We had hooked into one a while earlier that must have been in the 300-400lb range as even with two of us horsing on it we couldn't get it off the bottom and it ended up shearing off the 225lb stainless cable on some bottom structure. We were pulling so hard that when the cable finally snapped I went flying over backwards on my old ass........and it's really sore right now!! .

Hope everyone got what they wanted for Christmas!!

And here's wishing everyone a happy and safe New Year!!

Shoot Straight!! Big Dan

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Nice fish Dan. Halibut is the biggest I've caught.....from 440 feet down. Thought I was pulling up a small car.

You missed another good "winter" day at MGC today. 42 degrees and no snow.

You can see Saturday's results at the above web site.

The Minneapolis Gun Club thanks everyone who has been supporting our Jackpot shoots and hope everybody has a great 2012.

Jimmy Bowen

5. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I see Jimmy broke a 48!!! What happened??? Did he buy a Krieghoff???

I also see the other BB(Bowen Boy),Dennis(I can't make up my mind which gun to shoot)Kecker, didn't shoot so well. He must have got his new Perazzi stock. Maybe he'll have to get a Krieghoff too!!!!

6. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Yeah buddy, Dennis was shooting his P gun with the new stock.

What the scores didn't show was that there were 3 47's that my 48 bumped out. Dennis, BB Rich Ronning, and Glenn Linden had 'em.

Another well attended Jackpot with the mild weather. Today was a different story. Some snow last night and 50 mph winds today. Couldn't see the shooters on the MGC fields at times. But, there were some brave souls out there shooting.

Send some warm weather this way.

Jimmy Bowen

7. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Sounds like the Minnesota weather that I came to Florida to avoid. Sounds like your JackPots have really taken off. Keep up the good work.

8. JACK

Pride, that Jimmy Bowen 48... we have been watching your facebook page for your scores... Stay up to date on that would you?

9. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I've just been practicing so far Jack. Got a big schedule to shoot this year and I want to start out right. Practice has been going well so we'll see. If I start slow, maybe I'll fly back and have Jimmy give me some pointers. Maybe he and the other Bowen sister, Dennis, could help me out. What do you think??

10. JACK

Better hurry, Dennis is now DeVault-ed.... Shooting with that "gentle cheek".

No longer a regular "grinder" like mere mortals. He now sports "touchy-feely" stock and esoteric secrets never to be shared. Kinda like napping on auto-pilot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.