1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack West Stocks-anyone use one?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by straightshooter1, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I am thinking about one of the Jack West stocks for my 1100.

I shoot a little skeet in the Summer after our busy season at the Silver Dollar is over. I also like to shoot at the Skyway, but there steel shot only is allowed.

I have an MX-6 and MX-3 for trap, but neither is suitable for steel shot-one has Wilkinson barrel work and the other a very full choke. I also have a Sportsman 58 for trap, but it, too, has a really tight choke.

My 1100 has a 26" skeet barrel and I have a 28" modified barrel with target beads. But the stock is too low for trap and I was thinking, with the JW stock, I could shoot anything with the 1100, from skeet to sporting clays to trap.

I could just get a trap stock, but most I have seen for sale are more than a JW stock with the 4 way comb. Plus it's more of a pain to switch the stocks back and forth.

I could have the comb cut on the existing stock but this is about as costly as the JW stock and it still will not be parallel (I suppose I could put more washers on the rear than the front to make it parallel) but that might require higher post(s).

Anyone have experience with the Jack West stocks?

Bob

2. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

A guy at the club bought one for his 870 and it gave him the adjustments he needed to make his gun fit better.

3. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

I have one on a 870, I really like mine.

Rick

4. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Bob, With only a little modification the stock off your 58 will go on the 1100...Tron helped me out with a similar problem several months ago and was a top guy to deal with. Just FYI. Cheers-Graham.

5. leftex

leftex Active Member

I have a Jack West on one of my 1100's. Works great for everything.

6. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

Hi Bob,

The Jack West stock is the best way to go for the money. I've won several state championships with mine. They also really look good when you paint them in a marbelized finish. I always recomend them to new shooters at the club and usually they notice an immediate improvement in their shooting mainly because we can adjust it to have the proper fit and point of impact. Another plus for the JW stock is that because it is plastic you can shoot it in the rain and you don't have to worry about it swelling or cracking. I hope this helps you.

Hit 'em hard,

John

7. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Thank you for all the replies.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jack west stocks