1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack West stock question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ernesto1, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Hi everyone. Happy 4th of July!

I noticed on a Jack West stock thread that numerous members asked about fitment of the 870 stock on a Comp. No one definitively answered the question.

I have an 870 Comp I would like to put one of these stocks on. Can anyone for certain acknowledge that the fore-end will fit the Comp? Doesn't matter if a slight modification is required to make it fit.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Darryl

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Nope, it won't work. You can use the stock, but the forend iron is different on a Comp than the rest of the 870's. Just have the JW stock hydro-dipped a pretty wood pattern to make it match the forend.

ss

3. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Thanks for the info. I had doubts about the fit but wash hoping.

Darryl

4. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Checked with a seller on ebay for the Jack West stock. They said that the manufacturer stated that there no reason it cannot be modified to work on an 870 comp. However, the ebay seller stated that it appeared to him that the Jack West Company had no knowledge of anyone trying to retro-fit to a comp.

Anyone try this or have an idea of how the forearm can be modified to work on the comp? I would really like to get one of the to fit my comp.

The original stock was replaced with a thumbhole Boyd's stock before I bought it. It may be a great stock but feels weird to me. Replaced it with a Remington Monte Carlo stock but like the features of the Jack West better.

Thanks for any help. Darryl

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The threaded nut that holds the f/e to the action bars is much further back on a comp. I don't see why it couldn't work, but it would probably take a lathe or a large drill bit to accomplish the task. Why not just use it in conjunction w/ the factory wood forend? That's what everyone with a PFS does.

6. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

Thanks all for the suggestions. They are really sound and I'll probably end up experimenting or just use the butt stock.

However, let me rephrase my question. Has anyone installed a JW fore-end stock on an 870 comp? If so, what and how did you modify it to fit?

I have and have access to various tools that may accomplish any modification.

Thanks again, Darryl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.