1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack West stock opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rhett1977, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhett1977

rhett1977 Member

I have thought about getting a Jack West stock with the BumpBuster on it. Just would like to get some opinions on if it's worth it or not. 1100s are soft shooters so I'm not sure if it's worth getting the BumpBuster too. Opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    Rhett

2. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

My 1100 Completion Synthetic came with one.

I also have an 1100 Classic Trap that I bought new, in 2005.

The felt recoil on the 1100CT is very light, however, the 1100CS is like shooting a 28g.

I adjusted the comb to get the fit and POI I like for trap and have been shooting it since I got it in May 2012.

Once I get the fit and POI where I want it for trap, I don't mess with the adjustments but it would be easy to set it up for skeet or sporting clays and then set it back, exactly where it was for trap.

It has performed very well, it is comfortable to shoot, the adjustments stay put and there have not been any problems with it.

I like mine.

3. DBSkeet

DBSkeet Member

Rem870TB - I plan on putting the Jack West stock on an 1187 Premier Trap. What in your opinion will I be missing from the 1100 Synthetic Competition? Thanks

Dan

4. Trapmanjohn

Trapmanjohn Member

The Jack West Stock is the best value for the money as far as stocks go. You can make it fit you and have it painted to make your's unique. I've shot one on my custom 1100s for more than 10 years, and Jack is a super nice guy to deal with.

Hit 'em hard,

John

5. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I have two Jack West stocks, both carbon fiber finish, but without the Bump Buster. As noted, the 1100 and 11/87 are so soft shooting that it is hard to imagine needing the additional recoil absorption, particularly since I shoot nothing heavier than 1 oz loads. The adjustable comb gets my head up, and I like the sharper curvature of the pistol grip. The way the butt plate is a flush fit makes it easy to add spacers to increase length of pull, if needed.

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The Jack West stock comes with a "bump beater,"
    which means that you don't have to worry about bumping your gun against the car door and putting a ding in the wood.

7. elmo

elmo Member

Never could understand why these are not made in a monte carlo design. I would try if I could get a monte carlo.

8. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

"Rem870TB - I plan on putting the Jack West stock on an 1187 Premier Trap. What in your opinion will I be missing from the 1100 Synthetic Competition? Thanks"

My 1100CS has an excellent trigger, the best I have seen on an 1100, 4 pounds and very "crisp", I don't know if the 1187 Premier is like that, it could be.

The 1100CS has the Probore barrel and choke tubes, mine patterns very well.

The inner surfaces of the receiver on the 1100CS are very nicely finished and between this and the plating, the bolt runs very smooth.

"Never could understand why these are not made in a monte carlo design"

The comb on mine is parallel, if it is elevated, it basically is a monte carlo. Mine, when set up for trap dimensions that suit me, is no different in fit than my 1100 Classic Trap, which has a monte carlo stock.

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Factory drop on the Jack West stocks is 1.5x1.5x1.5 Drop the pad .5", and you have Remington monte carlo dimensions.

10. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

Rhett1977. My 1100 Competition Synthetic is equipped with the West stock and the Bumpbuster. You will not find anything wrong with this set up. After firing my gun for a while I put the heavy springs in the Bumpbuster for more firmness but its my guess you could not shoot a load with enough recoil for it to effect your shoulder. The different pistol grip is a pleasure to use. I did have to put my trigger housing in my milling machine and change the contour at the back as the grip design reduces the clearance between housing and grip. You will really enjoy it............ Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jack west stock opinion

jack west stock opinions