1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Welch on job numbers......

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Doesn't cut any slack to the spin.....

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Looks like Wall Street sees through the BS too, when ever there has been even a slight up tick in the labor rates it's gone way up on the day the news was released, today right now the DJIA is up 44 points, kinda lame

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The figures are rigged. other indexes that lock step with the UC number are unchanged.

Chicago strikes again.

HM

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Most new jobs are part time with low pay..

5. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Today I pulled off the employment status report from the Dept. of Labor website which may be of interest. This report indicates that for the month of Sept., 2012, 88.7 million are not in the labor force which is one of the highest months since 1977; i.e., only 4 months have exceeded 88 million, all during the 2012 calendar year. By comparison, from year 2000 through 2008 averaged around 77 million. The number employed from 2000 through 2008 averaged around 142 million; i.e., same number employed now; however, the age 16 and over population increased almost 20 million. The crux of this is our 16 and over population increased but our working population remained relatively the same. It's how you count which makes a world of difference. Does anyone believe this 7.8% is not based on politics? It's not the number unemployed but the number working which really reflects what's going on. Let's face it, employment opportunities for the most part sucks. BT100dc

6. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

It will be adjusted after the election. Oops, we was wrong, sorry.

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Jerbear

8. nglitz

nglitz Active Member

Jack Welch talking about jobs makes me ill. I used to work for that ***** at the Utica NY GE. We made a variety of large airbore military electronic systems. He came it to tour the plant. On seeing our state of the art, board shop, he said "You guys make those here? You can buy boards outside cheaper! Get rid of all this" And, with a wave of his arm, 500 people were out the door. Same story in the machine shop. We were doing CNC before it was called CNC. Over 80 machines controlled by a single mainframe. With another wave of his arm, another 500 people hit the streets and those machines were auctioned off for pennys on the dollar.

When we had another major RIF (the peace dividend) the government gave the company several million dollars to relocate, retrain, etc. the people affected. Welch kept most of it for himself.

Welch & jobs. Phooey!

Norm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.