1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Seehase "Peeps"?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Jack Seehase

Anyone have a pic they can share, or a set they'd like to sell? I think I can make my own, and have a pretty good idea of how their made, but want to make sure, or better yet, maybe buy a pair.

kolarskeet@gmail.com

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jack Seehase

Jack Seehase was one of those rare geniuses who also could talk to the average guy. I was just a kid (23) when I met Jack in Orlando Florida. He had a van/camper filled with all kinds of shooting stuff and I was facinated by his expertise. He was one of the first "barrel Gurus" like Herb Orre and now Wilkinson, Allor and Eyster. He tuned the barrel with some kind of vibrations or waves (way above my thought process!) and they were sought after during the 70's and 80's. In 1979 he did a Rem 1100 barrel for me and it was the one I used to break 100 in the 1981 Florida State Handicap. I still have the barrel and it still eats up 27 yard targets.

I bought a set of "peeps" from Jack and they are in a small case in my tool box. Over the last quarter century they have saved methousands of dollars as I use them to check barrels on guns people want to trade. You can tell in 10 seconds whether barrels are straight or not. There are some very expensive guns out there that have bent or warped barrels. "Peeps" are the cheapest insurance you can get to protect yourself against this. The thread above by MIA is excellent and they work almost as well as the fancy ones Jack machined out of aluminum. Make a set and take them along when buying ANY used gun, they could save you a lot of headaches!

Bob Schultz

3. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jack Seehase

To elaborate on MIA's thread a bit ... you can tell which way a barrel is bent by looking at the concentric rings. Where the rings are close together indicates the direction of the bend. If you see the barrel is bent upwards on a single barrel don't give up on it. Try to pattern the gun to see if it shoots where you want. I shot a Ljutic BiMatic for years with a barrel that was intentionally bet to shoot 10 inches high. Won a lot of doubles with that one. If it shoots right, left or down get out of there fast!

Bob Schultz

4. KK

KK TS Member

Jack Seehase

Would someone enlighten this dummy on how they work, where you put them, and what you look for when you use them. I have never heard of them and I would be very interested in learning about how they are used. Thanks Kirby

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Jack Seehase

A set of those homemade "Peeps" have been in one of my gun cases for about twenty years. I hate to admit how many times I have used them. Saved me a lump of money not buying those "Bent" barrels.

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

jack seehase

jack seehase dynamilcy tuned bbls