1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Hunter update

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 27yd or bust, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 27yd or bust

27yd or bust TS Member

Any updates on Jack. Please let us know.

2. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

As many of us know, it was touch and go last week - K. was told that Jack had 48 hours in which he'd either make it or die.

Well, K. decided it was time for Jack to make a decision - so as the first 24 hours drew to a close, this is verbatim what she whispered to him: "If you are ready to go to the other side and you want to, you have my permission (even though he has never been known to ask her permission for anything) BUT... if that's not what you're doing then GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED!"

The very next morning the Drs. were shocked and surprised: Jack was trying to wake up! And since then, Jack has slowly but surely been regaining consciousness and becoming cognizant of his situation.

Jack has been on a ventilator about a month now. I'm guessing that K. is finding threats seem to work well with Jack, and i believe her last one was along the lines of: "If you want to go home, you better start learning to breathe on your own, because that machine isn't coming!"

Well, yesterday (Wednesday Feb. 3) they took him off the ventilator for 45 minutes and K. reports he did well breathing on his own for that time period.

K. is aware (and probably Jack now too) that our community is rooting for Jack's complete recovery. Should you wish to contact her by email:
    huntero2005@gmail.com - or by phone: 765-299-7088 - i am sure she'll be appreciative of your good wishes and support.

b.

3. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I've called several times and could only get her voicemail, but I understand about cell reception inside a hospital. Jack and I talked alot about his upcoming surgery when we were at the MO Fall Handicap. I warned him that the first few weeks afterward were the hardest part of the diet. Little did I know how hard it would be for him. They are both in our thoughts and Leo and I are looking forward to Jack's (and K's) a full recovery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.