1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

JACK FREDERICKSON - CODY, WY PASSES

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Elizabeth Christensen, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elizabeth Christensen

Elizabeth Christensen Member

I was just told that Jack Frederickson from Cody, Wyoming passed away this past Monday. I couldn't find a thread on this, so I will apologize if it's already been posted here.

Jack lived in California and retired to Cody back in the 90's, I believe. He had been sick for about 4 years. May he rest in peace.

2. locdoc

locdoc Member

Thank you, Elizabeth. So sorry to hear of Jacks passing. I last saw Jack at the '02 Grand. Have shot with him more than once. I first met him while on one of my trips west to assist P/W at one of the CAMAS Prairie Shoots. He had lots of stories.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist
    New Hampshire

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Very sorry to hear of jacks passing . Jack moved to Wyoming after retiring in California.He really liked His move to Wyoming. He will be missed by many of his friends If God has a P/W Jack will keep it running fine. RIP Jack. My condolences. Dave Bishop

4. Utah Ljutic

Utah Ljutic TS Member

Hi Liz,
    Are you still selling Hidefspex Glasses. Thanks, Adam

5. STOS

STOS Member

Jack was one of the greatest pioneers of the shooting sport world we will ever see.His love for the sport was as big as life itself.He will truely be missed by all who knew him.If there is not a trap field in heaven,then i think god might just aprove one to be put in for jack and the rest of his shooting buddies.R.I.P

6. In plain view

In plain view Member

I am deeply saddened to hear this. For those of you who do not know, Jack has been a "life member" of the California Golden Bears Trap Club here in So. California for many years. The Bears were founded in April 1948 and we just celebrated their 60th anniversary in 2008. Jack was, at one time, the Bears President. We believe this was in the 1980's era. Bear history tells us that Jack was instrumental in keeping the Bears functioning during lien years. I personally wrote Jack in April last year and invited him to the Bears anniversary shoot in May last year. Jack made the trip to California and during the anniversary celebration he was presented a beautiful jacket with his name and Bears logo on it. I had "Senior Bear" also on it. Jack was one of a kind and will be missed. May he rest in piece. Bob English, Los Angeles

7. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

R.I.P. Jack!

8. Elizabeth Christensen

Elizabeth Christensen Member

Thank you, Bob, for adding your information. I knew Jack for years, but when I posted this, I couldn't remember much about our wonderful visits. Please let the people in California know about Jack's passing. Again, thanks.

9. Vickie

Vickie Member

Thank you Liz for letting us know. Jack was such an interesting gentleman to talk to. He had so many stories. I never made it up to Cody. He wanted to show us around the museum. I know he was troubled with his cancer in the end. He is now in a better place.

God Bless Him

Vickie

10. Stuart

Stuart Member

Jack and Allen Timney were life long friends, they shared may ideas and designs together. My son purchased Jacks Stock Duplicator and some other item 2 years ago. You could tell Allen had made a lot of tooling for him. Jack also did stock work for Allen. Jack would drive from Cody to LA and load up a load of Allens stuff in his Cad and take it to Vandalia. Then take it back to LA after the Grand. Now that's a friend.
    Jack was always willing to assist with his experences and knowledge. He was a part of the generation that modernized Shooting.
    I for one am proud to have known Jack.
    Stu Wright

11. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Jack has alway been a friend from the day I met him many years ago. I have made it a point to call him every year to keep in touch with him. Rest in peace old friend.

Tom Strunk

12. trap72

trap72 Member

I appreciated your friendship Jack. May you rest in peace.

Ernie

13. codybob

codybob TS Member

To the many friends of Jack. We elected Jack into the Wyoming State Trapshooting Hall of Fame this past state shoot. Out of the four nominees, he received the greatest number of votes. Upon his election, we relayed the news to Jack Potter (his friend and neighbor). Even though Jack was fairly unresponsive, he did hear this news and we're sure he was aware of his installment into the Hall of Fame. He was a cantankerous old coot, but we all had a lot of fun with him. Bob Posner

14. trap72

trap72 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.