1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Daniels Master Distiller Jim Bedford Dies

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Keith Uffelmann, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Uffelmann

Keith Uffelmann Member

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090811/FEATURES01/90811013/Former+Jack+Daniel+s+master+distiller+dies+at+69

Here is a link to the Nashville Tennessean newspaper article on the death of Jimmy Bedford. Jim was the Master Distiller for Jack Daniels for almost 20 years.

Jim lived three doors down the hall from me in the dorm at Tennessee Tech for two years. He was one of six agi majors on the floor. Jim's wife, Emily, had dated another of the group before dating and later marrying him. They were married for over 40 years.

It was always a pleasure to see him doing commercials on TV and mags. He was one of the good guys.

RIP and TECH FAMILY LOVE

Keith

2. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Sorry to see that a Tennessee Techster passed away. Mr. Bedford was one of only seven master distillers in Jack Daniels history. Fine school that turns out graduates that have distinguished themselves in a lot of fields. Good place to get an education.

DoubleAuto
    Class of 71' and 74'

3. Mapper

Mapper Member

Now this is a tragedy and a potential disaster. One hopes he wrote down the recipe for Bakers. One assumes he was rather youngish to pass on.

4. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

He was 69 years old, slim, looked fit. The dang papers couldn't help but add some dirt to his obit.

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Bakers is distilled by the James Beam Distillery so I doubt you need to worry. Other JB boutique whiskeys are Bookers, Basis Hayden and Knob creek.

6. jrton80

jrton80 Member

I am a Squire of the Jack Daniel's distillery and Jimmy will be greatly missed. I had the pleasure of working with Jimmy Bedford about 4 years ago, just before he retired. At the time I was running the Clubs Hurlburt Field AFB and we were involved in having Jack Daniel's help with a Golf Tournamnet on base. The evening before the golf tournament we did a tasting and cigar event at the Club with Jimmy with 65 attendees and I have never looked at Jack Daniel's the same way again. We did a tasting of Jack, Gentlman Jack and Single Barrel the same way you would do a wine tasting. Smelling for the vanilla aromas and such. It really was a unique learing experience with a great gentleman with a tremendous knowledge. I had cigars specially made and flavored with Jack Daniel's (the professional way). It was an evening to remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.